No announcement yet.

Official: Show your plaid or pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

almostacrayon- i like the pattern alot. with that said, i have a few suggestions.

-its hard to tell from a picture, but the material you used looks to be made of cotton, which would be great for a shirt or bed sheets, but my guess is the UV rating and the double rub rating are very low, and not strong enough to use in a car.

-you did a good job gluing with out the glue seeping through, and stretching to fill the many contours of the deck lid. my suggestion, get a yard or two of 1/4 foam. glue the material to the foam nice and flat. then lay the foam and glue on to the deck lid. when you pull to stretch it, the whole pattern will move, not just the small section you're pulling.

-you did a really good job on the visors, its hard to tell where you hand stitched it. the only thing i see is the same as the deck lid, with the pattern waving abit.

like i said, i like it alot.. as soon as i get some pictures ill show you guys what im working on.
    Proud Owner and Operator.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EthirtyIS View Post
      almostacrayon- i like the pattern alot. with that said, i have a few suggestions.

-its hard to tell from a picture, but the material you used looks to be made of cotton, which would be great for a shirt or bed sheets, but my guess is the UV rating and the double rub rating are very low, and not strong enough to use in a car.

-you did a good job gluing with out the glue seeping through, and stretching to fill the many contours of the deck lid. my suggestion, get a yard or two of 1/4 foam. glue the material to the foam nice and flat. then lay the foam and glue on to the deck lid. when you pull to stretch it, the whole pattern will move, not just the small section you're pulling.

-you did a really good job on the visors, its hard to tell where you hand stitched it. the only thing i see is the same as the deck lid, with the pattern waving abit.

like i said, i like it alot.. as soon as i get some pictures ill show you guys what im working on.

Thanks for the feedback =)

This is the first time at sewing and using fabric in general =P
      Yeah, the material is a cotton polyblend, I couldn't find anything more thicker from the shops. But I'll have a look again and try that foam tip to make it more uniform and less wavy.

Cheers,
      Adrian.
      sigpic

Comment

Just a sneak peak at the plans for my new interior.
        Black Naugahyde outsides, black welt with Coal Interweave insides and centers.
        On to a pic..
        Let me know what you guys think....

sigpic

Comment

wow ^ that looks amazing
          sigpic

- 1987 325e m20 6cyl manual -

Comment

Thats the exact fabric combo i want to use on my 316
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Very nice. I'm jealous.

Comment

Just a sneak peak at the plans for my new interior.
                Black Naugahyde outsides, black welt with Coal Interweave insides and centers.
                On to a pic..
                Let me know what you guys think....

Looks great! What size welt cord/foot did you use? I'm starting to break down my sport seats for recover.
                - Josh
                1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

I use- Poly-Welt cord 5/32, with a 1/4" foot. I use a sheet metal guide that's about 1 3/8" wide to make my own welt.
                  sigpic

Comment

I use- Poly-Welt cord 5/32, with a 1/4" foot. I use a sheet metal guide that's about 1 3/8" wide to make my own welt.
                    What's the sheet metal guide for? I fold my material over the cord and feed it normally, don't know how a guide would work there
                    - Josh
                    1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                    Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Well I have a guide to cut the material so it's almost exactly a 1/2" , which I use as a seam alowence. But I also have a sheet metal guide that bolts to the bobbin cover so my hands don't cramp up. When I get a chance I'll post up a picture of what I'm talking about.
                      sigpic

Comment

You did that yourself EthirtyIS? Wow! I am even more impressed and jealous. Please do post photos of your tools and any further instruction you think might benefit those of us who wish to replicate your awesomeness. (I am one)

Comment

SO, here's the %90 finished passengers seat.
                          on to the PICS....

and a suede airbag wheel im playing around with.

this is my machine i use at home, its a JUKI LU-563 with a clutch 1750 rpm motor.

cletonius- this is the way i do welt,

about 1.5" wide, about 4" longer than the piece you are stiching to.

then drop in the welt foot, place some welt under the foot, wrap the material around it and start sewing...

and here is the result.

.... if anyone has any questions i will be more than happy to help.
                          sigpic

Comment

My g-d man, that seat is sex! Will you do mine next?

Comment

Your work as always is very impressive.
                              1990 BMW 325is 5spd Black
                              2005 Subaru Impreza 5spd
                              2015 Yamaha FZ-07

Comment

Dogsbark26- If you can get em here, we can work out a price....
                                Ravenlord89- thanks
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X