heated seat conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heated seat conversion?

I don't have the money to buy a new seats that are heated but is there anyway to take a normal seat and add heated seat pads and buttons for them in a convertible?
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Yup. Many kits out there. I used this company for my two front leather Recaros. You have to take the seat apart which is probable the hardest part.
    hth
    dlm

Comment

I bought a heated seat kit from the BMW dealer but that was several years ago. Don't know if they are still available but if so, it looks completely stock (because it is!)

FWIW - I use the heated seats often. When the sun goes down and it cools off, it's easy to pull up the wind deflector, click the heated seat button and be toasty. If it's REALLY cold (in the 50's or less), I'll put the interior heat on to warm my hands.

Heating the seats was a good investment in my opinion.

Comment

this is a very good one,
        Rostra Accessories is a wholly-owned subsidiary of VOXX International Corporation, a global supplier of mobile and consumer electronics products. Rostra is a leading manufacturer of automotive comfort, safety, and convenience accessories including electronic cruise control systems, LED lighting, exterior vehicle camera systems, automotive lumbar supports and seat heaters, add-on navigation systems, driver alert systems, and more.

I have installed many and they work great!
        Free Shipping - Rostra Universal Seat Heater Systems with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Seat Heater Kits at Summit Racing.

Comment

The stock bmw one interests me, how much where they?
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

I think it was about $350 back then but I could be off as it has been quite a while. I remember it wasn't cheap but it has worked very, very well and I like the factory look.

You can check here to get an idea of items you would need:

I don't drive the car too often but it sure is fun when I do! Hope you enjoy yours too.

Comment

Here you can see a picture of the switches. They light up when turned on.

As mentioned in other posts though, you have to take the seats apart to install the heating element. I wasn't that brave and had an upholstery shop do it.

Some of the kits listed in the previous posts look pretty good too. Especially for the price!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X