No announcement yet.

flocking a headliner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build your own flock gun, I did! Its under $10 bucks if you already have an air-gun. The extra flock can from Donjer is $7.50.

Part numbers:

That headliner came out GREAT! I will be doing this for sure.

Comment

Very nice! I don't have an air compressor or I would have gone that route.

Comment

Ohhh... when you said headliner I thought you were talking about this part, which was impossible to remove from my car without tearing it at least a little bit:

Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Ahh. I was wondering what you were talking about. Haha. Plus I'm working on an E34. I've never attempted to take apart the headliner on my E30. On a side note I did spray the board with polyurethane the night before to seal it. And that's per the website. I also used a small paint roller to apply to the large areas. That may account for the fact that I used more adhesive than I should have. I can't see how you could apply it quick enough with just a brush, on a large piece like a headliner anyways.

Comment

Finally got it back in the car and buttoned up. It was still sticky around the edges. It probably needed another day to dry. And if you pressed in one spot too long, you could see the spot. But, I'm driving my car to work tomorrow to put in the springs and shocks so I needed it put back together. Upon further reflection I should have gone with silver or black to match the interior better. I ordered charcoal grey. It's not bad but I'm probably being too picky. I'll try to get pics in the next couple of days.

Comment

Working...
            X