Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which components are interchangeable between comfort & sport seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which components are interchangeable between comfort & sport seats?

I'm looking to switch to sport seats in my '91 sedan. I have black door cards and black rear with armrest/headrest, still deciding on what to do about fronts.

My main question - can I use the rails from my comfort seats for the sports?

My tan comfort seats are insanely well-kept. The car was garage and owned by one person since 1993. The cushion support springs(?) are still powdercoated and fresh, there is near zero surface rust occurring, the foam is impeccable, shocks are good, etc etc.

I'm considering holding out for equally clean sport seats, but I may never find any this good.

If possible, I would even explore swapping the cushion supports, the shocks, and anything else I can. I know comfort seats aren't worth anything so I may as well cannibalize what I can right?

Originally posted by butters View Post
    I'm looking to switch to sport seats in my '91 sedan. I have black door cards and black rear with armrest/headrest, still deciding on what to do about fronts.

My main question - can I use the rails from my comfort seats for the sports?

My tan comfort seats are insanely well-kept. The car was garage and owned by one person since 1993. The cushion support springs(?) are still powdercoated and fresh, there is near zero surface rust occurring, the foam is impeccable, shocks are good, etc etc.

I'm considering holding out for equally clean sport seats, but I may never find any this good.

If possible, I would even explore swapping the cushion supports, the shocks, and anything else I can. I know comfort seats aren't worth anything so I may as well cannibalize what I can right?
    Im sure I responded to this same question somewhere recently. Essentially nothing is interchangeable between sport & comfort seats except perhaps a knob or maybe a back cover. Cushions, frames, mechanical..not. Rails can be swapped but some are different depths so may require diff bolts. Cabrios have diff front to back ranges as well.
    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
    Alice the Time Capsule
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

headrest and rails are interchangeable. The hinge. mechanism that connects the bottom and backrest farthest closest to the transmission tunnel are the same.

you can swap the sport seat backrest onto a comfort seat bottom. I know I've done that before for long drives. I do not recommend vice versa because comfort seat backrests are still made from that grass like material

Comment

Working...
      X