Cutting perfect dash for cage....should I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting perfect dash for cage....should I

I have an 85 325e and my buddy just bought a tubing bender I want to put a cage in it. My dilemma is I just spent an arm and a leg on a perfect dash because my old one had a small crack
    I've seen people put holes in the dash for the bars to go through but I'm worried something could get fd up. How inconvenient is it to just have the front bars go right in front of the dash. Or should I just put a 4 point cage in the back? What are your thoughts. The car is a dd but it's dropped on gc's and I will be doing a 2.7i w/ itb and head work. How much cage do I really need? This car does get driven pretty hard from time to time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't put a cage in your DD.

Stick with a simple 4 point in the rear.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Ship me your good dash and ill ship you my dash begging for a cage?

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        Don't put a cage in your DD.

Stick with a simple 4 point in the rear.
        This.

If you have a cage in your car, you have to wear a helmet or else when you get in a crash, you will smash your head in on one of the bars.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
          This.

If you have a cage in your car, you have to wear a helmet or else when you get in a crash, you will smash your head in on one of the bars.
          That's why they invented the roll bar.

Comment

You can put foam so no head smash I think I will just go 4 point I don't wanna put one o my ficked up dashes back in it

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
              You can put foam so no head smash I think I will just go 4 point I don't wanna put one o my ficked up dashes back in it

Foam isn't going to save you w/o a helmet :o

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Wrap a steel tube in that foam. Betchu wouldn't let your buddy take a swing at your head with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Corey@Track.One View Post
                  Wrap a steel tube in that foam. Betchu wouldn't let your buddy take a swing at your head with it!
                  If you do, make sure you post a video. Who knows, maybe Daniel Tosh will make you famous?

However, if you are dead set on suicide, at least sell the good dash and put in a cracked one. They are too precious to waste on a "racecar"
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                  X