DIY glovebox latch repair...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY glovebox latch repair...

It finally went...they always do. Couldn't seem to find a thread on this in the forum. Is there a procedure to do this besides manhandling the shit out of it? The past 2 times Ive dealt with this, I ended up destroying the whole glovebox. Im assuming it can be done better. Thanks
    sigpic2000 323ci
    1987 325is super etta
    1988 M5
    2000 M5
    1989 944 turbo
    1989 325is

Unbolt the hinge and reach up in there and unlatch it from behind. Its a bitch but it gets the job done without requiring a new lid.

Comment

My actual hook thing in the latch broke anybody jb weld the hook back in or know how to mend it.

Comment

Originally posted by camip View Post
        My actual hook thing in the latch broke anybody jb weld the hook back in or know how to mend it.
        Find a new one from a junkyard? E28 ones fit. Just switch out your lock.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          Find a new one from a junkyard? E28 ones fit. Just switch out your lock.
          I went down to one the day it broke they wanted $35 for one I replied politely no thanks. Thanks for the tip too.

Comment

Originally posted by camip View Post
            I went down to one the day it broke they wanted $35 for one I replied politely no thanks. Thanks for the tip too.
            Holy balls...I got mine for 4 bucks...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I got it!!! And without mangling my glovebox! After ripping the handle off I could see the metal hook that locks it was broken off, so some prying it opened it right up. So stoked.
              sigpic2000 323ci
              1987 325is super etta
              1988 M5
              2000 M5
              1989 944 turbo
              1989 325is

Comment

Funny...I have a brand new (in the wrapper) BMW inner latch on my desk. It's $5.64

Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Working...
                X