Interior care products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior care products?

Been looking around trying to figure what's safe to use for cleaning the interior of my car, I am mainly concerned with staying away from crap like armor-all that will hurt it. Seems like 303 aerospace protectant is the cleaner of choice for the dash, but what does everyone use for leather seats/doorcards? Hoping to find stuff I can get locally and not have to order, thanks for any input.

I've used Meguiar's Natural Shine on everything plastic/vinyl for years with good results. Cleans and protects everything nicely and after a week it's back to the factory finish.

I've been using Leatherique Rejuvinator Oil / Pristine Clean on my seats, with reasonably good results since they felt practically like cardboard when I got them, and now they approximate normal leather. That stuff's not cheap and can't be found locally, though.
    '87 325is - Schwarz/Schwarz

Comment

The leatherique products look great, can't really justify the price for them right now though. Anyone else have any input?

Comment

Leatherique is what you should use and is not expensive. Skip the cleaner - damp cloth works fine. Just buy the rejuvenator.

You should stick to a damp cloth on the dash. At this point, ANY chemicals are more likely to do harm than good. The dash is already dried out and stretched. Making it softer will just lead to cracking (my crack free dash cracked within a couple days of using 303 on it, for example).
        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
        2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
        1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
        1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
        - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
        1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
        Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Good to know, thanks.

Comment

ive used vinylex on my dash, console, door cards, and other pieces of plastic/vinyl trim in the interior...little shiny for my taste at first, but it hasn't cracked anything yet
            1991 318is ---230K - DD
            1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
            so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

huge plus to 303.

Fade to black / back to black is great for color improvement

Leatherique, or lexol are great for leather. Lexol is carried by most advance auto stores now.
              I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

For the door cards, and seats I use magic eraser. Just the normal strength. I wash with a damp towel, then dry, magic eraser, dry and then with a very lightly damp towel go over it again. I've done it on 3 e30s now and they all turned out great. That'll clean.

Then just use leather conditioner.

Comment

I mainly use the line of Chemical Guys products. Silk shine is an amazing trim protectant, and All Clean works pretty good and is CHEAP.

Comment

Meguairs #40 for vinyl protection. Nothing better, just not easy to find. You can buff out shine and protects from UV.
                    Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                    BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Working...
                    X