e36 Rear Seat ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 Rear Seat ???

I don't usually need much help finding something around here, but I had a thread bookmarked in my phone, and just replaced it, so now I don't know where I saw it.

I think it was a DS 318iS with a black leather armrest rear seat installed, I think it was in the FS section, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? HALP?!?

I have a black leather e36 rear seat. Do you wanna buy it?
    -Andy

Comment

I'm also interested to see if he E36 rear seats fit
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Never found the thread, but with some trimming, it looks like it should work. Its on my list of projects to tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          Never found the thread, but with some trimming, it looks like it should work. Its on my list of projects to tackle.
          Would you be willing to post dimensions of the seat? I'm curious of the size difference now. Maybe we can start a thread. There aren't a lot of options for rear seats in our cars.
          - Josh
          1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
          Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

I have both e30 and e36 rear seats laying around, if I remember when I get home tonight I'll measure both for posterity.
            88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
            We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

I'll measure/photograph both side by side. Also, an armrest seat, not a split fold is what I have. I'm not sure about the differences in e36 rear seats from sedan or coupe. We will see though.

Comment

subscribed.... as I got a set myself.

Comment

KenC put one in his M42 car. I tried finding pictures, but they were all broken. Might try PM'ing him.

Comment

I put the bottom section of the e36 rear seat in my 325e. It doesn't fit right. The holes for the tabs that lock it on place are in a different location, and there is a substantial gap on ether side of the seat right behind the front corners.
                    Id take pictures but I had to throw it away because a water/mold problem. The lower seat would need a lot of work to get it to fit right and fill out the entire bench.
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I posted this in the Project section.
                      I bought a full set of E36 seats. Fronts went in no problem with RobertK's adapter kit.
                      As mentioned, the rear seat bottom will sit in place but the sheet metal hook doesn't line up with the hole in the seat. Don't worry about it - it sits there fine and won't move.
                      The rear seat back does NOT work. It's in 4 pieces, the belts got the wrong way, the back is hard and shaped completely wrong. And the seat back is too tall.
                      So, I got my friend to use the original seat back and recover it in the style of the newer E36 seats.
                      The result it pretty good. The shape of the foam and the shape of the panels make the fabric wrinkle a bit. When he has a bit more time in the winter, we are going to take another look to see if we can make it look a tiny bit better.
                      Regardless, I think it looks pretty good. It looks better in real life than the pictures show.

Comment

Looks bitching on pics!!! I like, I like... That's what I am doing to mine! Was yours off e36 coupe or sedan?

Comment

Originally posted by roznic View Post
                          Looks bitching on pics!!! I like, I like... That's what I am doing to mine! Was yours off e36 coupe or sedan?
                          I got them from a coupe so that the fronts would work properly in my coupe. I paid $200 for the seats and another $200 for the recovering of the rear seat back.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=291395

Comment

Resurrecting this, anymore successful ideas??

Comment

Working...
                            X