Trunk storage tray question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk storage tray question

My car came with storage tray accessory above the battery tray. I can't find any info under the ETK/RealOEM for the BMW PN: 72601929409 which is listed on the underside. I want to know if there is a clip that connects the tray to battery cover as they both have a hole in the middle. This is a longshot but maybe someone knows the answer.

TIA
    Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
    BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Yes there is an attachment piece - its more of a quarter-turn device with an expanding rubber bit. I have one but have never used it as the tray stays in place without any assistance. I can post a pic of it tonite.

Comment

I figured it would be something with a quick connection like that. I would love to see a picture of it or even better a BMW PN. Mine stays in place but I rather have the hole plugged up to prevent things falling down and keep it OEM. On the ETK, there looks to be a part like that but it does not sure up under USA or Europe version. Need to look at it from a different way, either earlier e30s. Thanks so much.

Comment

Here's some pics:
        Attached Files

Comment

very interesting and thanks. You wouldn't have the PN for it?

Comment

Have no idea on the part number. I haven't been able to find this or the tray for that matter on the typical parts websites (like bmwfans). Thinking about it I'm not 100% certain this part is actually a BMW part, it may just be something from some hardware store. It just came with my storage tray (from a private seller) and it seems to fit.

Comment

Working...
            X