Using a flag as rear deck fabric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a flag as rear deck fabric?

SO my friend and i are recovering our cars speaker decks and we were throwing ideas and one idea was to use a german flag, so my question is what kind of flag should i get , I've looked around a bit and it seems theres a couple of different kinds, Nylon , a cotton-nylon blend and polyester. so my question is what would be the best material to do this with, my windows are not tinted at the moment so I'm worried about fading but i also don't want it to look cheap. and being easy to work with would be really helpful
    88 325is Five Speed
    Lachssilber

Tweed upholstery fabric.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkworks View Post
      Tweed upholstery fabric.
      damn i can't find any that are made from tweed
      88 325is Five Speed
      Lachssilber

Comment

I had the same idea but wanted to do this to the sunroof panel that was destroyed. Couldn't find anything that would work as well as I want. If you come up with anything keep us updated!
        sigpic
        TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
        FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

I think the problem you will have with most flags is they don't stretch at all. You need a material that will stretch to conform to the shape of the rear deck.

Comment

You would need to stitch it together

Comment

get the right colors, sew them together, back it with 1/4" foam, glue it down...

will look dope...
              Proud Owner and Operator.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcskibadee1 View Post
                I had the same idea but wanted to do this to the sunroof panel that was destroyed. Couldn't find anything that would work as well as I want. If you come up with anything keep us updated!
                yeah i looked for awhile and i couldn't find anything i was happy with maybe if i do the rear deck again i will look around some more for the moment i found a flannel fabric i really like and I'm gonna use that
                88 325is Five Speed
                Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkworks View Post
                  You would need to stitch it together
                  I dunno, doesn't seem like there are too many contours. You may have to stretch the tweed some but I think it'll do it. Alacantara will do it for sure, that stuff stretches like crazy.
                  - Josh
                  1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                  Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Working...
                  X