Who's using a Child Seat in their e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's using a Child Seat in their e30?

Got a 2.5 year old and I want to put the car seat in the m3 this summer to drive around with her, plus, tired of just not driving the car because I don't have a car seat for it.

Anyone share their experiences with which car seat they are using and which method they used to attach it? Pics are a plus...

I have used several in my e30's. Most any carseat can be used with the rear shoulder belt fed thru the back of the seat. Its not as solid as mounting a seat in a modern car, but the seatbelt should lock in an emergency keeping the carseat firmly in place. My boy is 6 now so its just a booster seat at this point, which makes it super easy. It would be pretty simple to make your own "latch" system connectors, just pull up the rear seat and bolt connectors to the floor. There is more space for a carseat in an e30 than in my 135i DD.

Comment

I carry my little bro around, but he uses a booster seat though.
      IG: @_j.wn

Comment

i have one in mine. Your seat should have come with that little metal belt latch thing making it to where the belt cant loosen. i just use that in my car and its solid as a rock.
        Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

i use 2 when taking the grand kids out. when we hit dips and the such in the road, they put their hands in the air and hollar (weeeeee pop pop)
          sigpic

Comment

My son has almost traveled exclusively in the E30 since birth. The car seat has a base that I just leave attached in the backseat, but it can also be strapped in standalone.

I drive a coupe and it's not that much of a hassle.
            Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by threehz View Post
              my son has almost traveled exclusively in the e30 since birth. The car seat has a base that i just leave attached in the backseat, but it can also be strapped in standalone.

I drive a coupe and it's not that much of a hassle.
              ^+1
              sigpic

Comment

Which car seats are you guys using? I'm lookin for a forward facing, also where do you attach the anchor strap?

Comment

You can also use a roof rack.
                  ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Both of mine did. We had a recaro seat for them. They both used it at some point. This was over a decade ago. Oldest is now in college and youngest is in middle school. GF's rode in booster seats in e30 since that's all I owned. Granted she had an 09 Audi avant a4.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

This is where my sedan makes it much easier to get my daughter in and out of the car; no seats to fold back.
                      1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                      2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                      2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Make sure to use, either a thick blanket or towel to lay on the seats, as they will rip or get scratched up pretty bad if not protected from the child seats hard plastic.
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I'm not worried about the inconvenience of a 2-door as this is not my daily driver. It's an occasional summer car so inconvenience is ok, just want something that will function safely.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                            Make sure to use, either a thick blanket or towel to lay on the seats, as they will rip or get scratched up pretty bad if not protected from the child seats hard plastic.
                            It's an M3 and he plans on putting a 2.5 year old in... I would cover the entire back in towels. Just saying.

E30s have no anchor points, but the two side and center seatbelts work fine.
                            Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

I just had my son and glad I found this thread..i didn't think our cars had a middle seat belt cus I cant find mine..it must be tucked behind the seat or something..anybody using a car seat that has a base u can leave in? if so where do u guys hook the base up?
                              sigpic
                              93 325i 120k
                              mods: straight pipe,eibach sport springs,style 54s,kamotors carbonfiber cai,
                              future mods: chip, m3 cams, headers, turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X