race land e30 vert windscreen opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peytonracer4 View Post
    $90?! please review this for us! windows up and windows down in all combinations. i plan on taking my vert on a road trip sometime and would really really love this.
    also, can you put the top up with it on? visibility out of it?

yup thats how i reacted too. so i bought it. reguardless its gonna do the job so idc. doesnt really need to be oem.

will deffinatly be giveing a detailed review on it wih pics of top up top down windows up ect.

Comment

Two tabs lay under the rear tonneau and two mount into the seatbelt slots.
      In and out in 5 seconds.

I've driven to work(20mi) in 28 degrees with the top down. Just a wisp of wind over the top of my head...totally comfortable.
      Suspension tips here...
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GCMARK View Post
        Two tabs lay under the rear tonneau and two mount into the seatbelt slots.
        In and out in 5 seconds.
        sweet alright thank you. Any problems closing it? does the whole piece fuit folded in the trunk?

Comment

Opening and closing is a breeze...very simple.

I have never put mine in the trunk, don't even know if it will fit...??
          Suspension tips here...

sigpic

Comment

for those who have it, hows the wind with the windows down?
            how does it look? i've seen some (not on e30s) that looks pretty sweet. does it look out of place considering this is a 4 seater car?

Comment

With the windows down, this gets blown down, with the windows up it is great IMO. Easy to you, feels of good quality, and I am not sure how much nicer a $500 one could be. Fits in the car in the upright position with the top up, and does not make it difficult to raise the top with this up. I have yet to remove mine since i installed it months ago. It fits well, and I never hear rattles from it.

Comment

If you tighten the nuts at the hinge it won't blow down. Had that happen to me also when I first installed it.
                Suspension tips here...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                  With the windows down, this gets blown down, with the windows up it is great IMO. Easy to you, feels of good quality, and I am not sure how much nicer a $500 one could be. Fits in the car in the upright position with the top up, and does not make it difficult to raise the top with this up. I have yet to remove mine since i installed it months ago. It fits well, and I never hear rattles from it.
                  The OEM one gets blown down when there is a lot of wind or when you take a corner hard. Lol

So they all do that.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thanks for the input! any pictures?

Comment

This one does not form fit around the rear seats and its more of just a rounded edge sort of shape. So its not going to tuck up really close and follow the lines of the OEM rear seat cushions like the OEM one will. That is hardly a gripe though as the price is right for this piece if one can live without a small detail like that.

I have considered this option over and over again and actually was about to pull the trigger after I saw Marks up at Ground Control. I am still contemplating it. Post up a review with likes and dislikes so that it may "sway" me.

:)

Comment

I would like to see some pics of how this mounts to the seat belt hole. I have one of these but don't have all the mounting hardware and have mounted it in a less than optimal way. Overall I think it is worth the money.
                        Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                          Is this the same design that messes up the side panels?
                          No, in that respect it's even better than OEM. I had one for a while but I didn't even mind the wind that much without it so I rarely used it.
                          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I'll be buying one of these this winter for the spring season. if the hardtop even comes off though. Any pictures of it?
                            1989 325i vert does my daily needs.
                            Hardtop, slush box, tr wheels/toyo, pro kit,scorpion cat back. Plastic bumper swap. This car got me into bmw's.

2006 gto. Play car.
                            1985 4runners

Comment

Having lived through the summer with my wind deflector I can only say it does what it is intended to do with no down side. It did blow down with the windows down until I got it tightened just right. It did squeak a little til I glued some leather around the pins that slide in next to the seat belt. It did seem to be making an impression on the vinyl side panels from the tonneau pressing down on it so I glued some more leather to the bottom of the tabs. All issues resolved and yes it fits in the trunk and takes about 30 seconds to remove or replace.

10/10 IMO
                              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                              Alice the Time Capsule
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I bought one early this year and have not been disappointed at all. With the windows up, the wind goes right over the top and no buffeting over the center console. This is especially helpful on the freeway or later in the evening after it gets a little cooler. With the windows up and the heat on low, I dont get complaints of "It's cold!! Put the top up!!" from the girl in the right seat ... worth the price of admission right there. In fact, we just came back from the mountains with the top down in 40 degree nights with no complaints. With windows down, it still keeps that wind from channeling up from between the seats and blasting you in the face.

I had to tighten it a couple of times to keep it from blowing down, but no big deal, 30 seconds with a 13mm wrench and it's taken care of. Hasn't blown back down all summer long. You can put the top up with it in place and if you need to take it out for whatever reason, it will fit in the trunk when folded down.

This windscreen is possibly the single best addition for driveability that I have made to my car. It has easily extended my driving season by 3 months both earlier and later in the year. Maybe it's not as perfect of a fit as the oem, but for the price, I got over that pretty quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X