Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! i need sport seat reference pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! i need sport seat reference pictures.

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to fix my passenger side sport seat.
    It seems that some goomba cut all the cables and removed the
    two levers from the mechanism.
    I have no idea what it looked like originally. If some kind
    soul could take a picture or two of the upper part of the
    seats cables and levers i would greatly appreciate it.

I'll try to post some pictures later of what it currently looks like.
    My new E34 525i Sport Limousine Blog
    http://bmw525isportlimousine.blogspot.com.es/

Anyone?

Comment

I have some half disassembled sport seats in my storage unit. I'll see about snapping you a few pics when I'm out there this weekend.
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
        I have some half disassembled sport seats in my storage unit. I'll see about snapping you a few pics when I'm out there this weekend.
        Thanks! it would really help me out. I can´t put people in the back as it is right now, so i have to get these working again.

Just to show you the carnage on the passenger side .
        Previous seat owner who i shall call "Bumb-face" decided to put coupe seats in his four door. His purpose was best served by cutting all the cables and drilling out the latches. I think the wheel on the left belongs on the driver side seat

This genius ass hat thought he could improve on BMW design.

Comment

Sounds like a winner. I'll see what I can do.

I love that tartan plaid pattern.
          - Josh
          1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
          Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Ok, i found a picture of what i was looking for...on e-bay of all places.

Looked at a set of regular coupe seats and the lever mechanism is different, so i can only swap over the cables.

Looks like i need a stripped down passenger sport seatback. Anyone have one for sale?

Comment

funny, that pic above (ebay) doesn't look right either. the shiny brass mech on the right should also have a lever extending out from the side of the seat, and a cable running down just like the black lever on the left. at least mine does. the pic you took of yours shows the driver's mech, which only has a lever on one side (the side facing the door). weird thing is it has the wheel on the left side, i guess because this was modded for a passenger seat.

so what you're missing is the black lever shown on the left side of the ebay pic plus a cable running down from it to the recline mech, but mount it on the right side. as long as you're ok only having a lever on one side. if you want both levers you need the mech in the ebay pic.

i'll try to take pics of mine this weekend.
              '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
              '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
              '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

Originally posted by Semblance View Post
                funny, that pic above (ebay) doesn't look right either. the shiny brass mech on the right should also have a lever extending out from the side of the seat, and a cable running down just like the black lever on the left. at least mine does. the pic you took of yours shows the driver's mech, which only has a lever on one side (the side facing the door). weird thing is it has the wheel on the left side, i guess because this was modded for a passenger seat.

so what you're missing is the black lever shown on the left side of the ebay pic plus a cable running down from it to the recline mech, but mount it on the right side. as long as you're ok only having a lever on one side. if you want both levers you need the mech in the ebay pic.

i'll try to take pics of mine this weekend.
                It look´s like the ebay picture is correct, as far as i can tell, but you´re right, it is missing the lever extension that screws in and the cable.

There is a naked sport seatback on ebay. The gentleman wants $45 for the seat and $60 for shipping to Europe. It looks like if i want to fix my seats i may have to bite it and buy it.

As for my existing seat. It have no idea why you would hack up a perfectly good seat to do this to it. Most of the regular coupe seat mechanism is usable in the sport seat, except that friggin brass latch.

Comment

Working...
                X