Lexol Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexol Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

Are the Lexol Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner good products? I'm thinking about picking some up to clean/condition (obviously) my new vaders.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

I have heard a number of people that said do not use Lexol products on BMW Nappa leather. From what I understand, the Lexol tends to build-up over time. Since your vaders are Nappa leather, I would stay away from Lexol.

Probably still the best leather conditioner/cleaner around is Leatherique. Sometimes you have to re-apply the product a number of times carefully following their directions, but the stuff does work. Many that have used Leatherique say it is the only leather cleaner/conditioner that does work.
    Eric Giles
    '20 M2 CS
    '04 M3
    '11 X5 35D
    '87 325is
    '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Well it looks like I'd have to wait to use the Leatherique for a few months until the weather gets warmer...

Any other options? Meguires?
      Last edited by KenC; 02-13-2006, 04:45 PM.

Comment

the Meguires is what I used..it didn't completely suck.

We should have a leatherique party at my shop!

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Leatherique ftw. follow the directions, and ull be happy.

kyle
          1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
          DILLIGAF

Comment

I've used Leatherique, still have plenty left, but I have been less than impressed with the results. It didn't seem to soften my leather at all, and as for cleaning, you really have to put the elbow grease in there to get it to work. I'm not sure what IS really good to use, just that imo, the Leatherique is over-hyped.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells
              I've used Leatherique, still have plenty left, but I have been less than impressed with the results. It didn't seem to soften my leather at all, and as for cleaning, you really have to put the elbow grease in there to get it to work. I'm not sure what IS really good to use, just that imo, the Leatherique is over-hyped.
              Not to mention it's ~$50 for the two different cleaners/conditioners.

Comment

Well I bought the Meguier's Aloe Conditioner and Cleaner. They seemed to work pretty well. I'm wondering whether or not they actually have aloe in them or whether it's just a marketing gimick.

Comment

Neatsfoot oil is great stuff for keeping leather supple. It's been used for centuries for that use. You can probably buy it at a sports shop (for baseball gloves, etc) or gourmet detailing shop for $15 per 12oz bottle, or buy a quart of the stuff from an equestrian place for much less than that. It works great as a base soak to get moisture into the leather. Top it with whatever you like to cut UV rays.

Comment

I've had decent results with lexol on my 20 year old sport seats. they're definitely not in pristine condition but it's kept them soft enough and I've only recently had 1 small tear on the driver's seat bottom.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

This website is for sale! premiumautocare.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, premiumautocare.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

^^^^^

That stuff is supposed to be the very best. Connely's Hide Food, my pop has a Lexus and all the guys on clublexus use that as well as the MB's and some higher end BMW's. However newer cars seem to have a much more soft and supple leather than our E30's sports seats which seem to be stiff no matter what conditioner you use...

Mike

Comment

Lexol is a very good product. If you buff it off after application, you should have no "build up".

Oil is VERY bad for leather. Oil breaks down the leather and will literally turn leather to mush. Only use products that do not have oil in them.

Comment

Working...
                          X