Steering wheel OG's, I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering wheel OG's, I need help

I'm starting to put back together my interior after this swap and I'm struggling to find a nice steering wheel to replace my worn away sport wheel. I would love an M-Tech 2 but every place I look, I can't find one for less than $400-$500. M-Tech 1 I'm not a huge fan of, call me weird I guess.-

Anyone know of other sweet wheels for E30's? I've gandered at some Nardi wheels but other than that I don't know where to start looking lol.
    Last edited by MJCRO; 08-28-2013, 07:10 PM.

I'm in the same boat - looking for a upgrade.

Comment

The steering wheel is such a critical part of your car. You should be happy with how it feels, looks and performs. If m tech one isn't to your liking...look for used m tech 2 wheels. They come up every now and then. There's always momo and nardi wheels too but those aren't OEM and you will need a hub to go with them.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Check out this thread too!

Comment

Bought an M-Tech 2 wheel last night from overseas for $345 shipped and it's been professionally redone. Stoked to get it.

Comment

^ at $345 that's a good purchase. It is a 370mm and not a 385mm correct and a Fine spline vs course? E36 had course spline Tech II.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

$345 shipped for a 370mm rewrapped M Tech 2 is a good price considering what the new ones are currently going for. I forgot to mention, when buying these wheels used you have to make sure you know what you are looking at. Get the part number behind the horn pad if you can. Get pics of the back of the wheel as well.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Part number 32332226677, here's a picture from the listing where he has it mounted in an E30. He also states in the listing that it is a fine spline wheel.

Comment

A good price indeed.

Some vintage BWA and Luisi wheels from a 1987 Zygmunt Motors catalog...

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0003small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	7161821

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0002small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	7161822
                  Last edited by TrentW; 12-09-2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

If that's a 32332226677, then it's the bigger 385mm wheel from an E32/E34.

Comment

Working...
                    X