Blower Fan/Euro HVAC control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blower Fan/Euro HVAC control

Hey guys, I've got an '86 325iX grey market and the damn fan doesn't work.

I just pulled the whole center console apart to try to get it sorted out and am wondering if you have any ideas. It has the 3 speed HVAC panel and switch. I know the later e30s will directly power the high speed fan setting (fan speed 4) if the resistor is bad, but with this 3 speed I am not sure if mine will directly power it. I checked the resistor and it looks good, no breaks.

I heard fuse 20 could be the culprit as well, but is there any other relay or switch that could be causing the problem?
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Found fuse 20 to be blown. Will test it when I get it back together.

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Decided to test it. Fuse was blown and now it works! This thing blows like a window fan! Only problem is that it is noisy. Is there any way to get this thing to quiet down?

Comment

Working...
      X