Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 Seats to E30?

Greetings All,

I did not see this in the FAQs clearly when I looked.

Will the e36 front seats fit into a e30? Do you just need to drill for the new brackets and mount?

I have found several with the brackets, both electric & heated/non-heated. I can get both front seats for the price of one of the e30 ones when available.

I have a 91 325ix (e30) with a worn out drivers side seat. It costs too much to reupholster, $700+, to make sense. I can not find a good leather e30 seat anywhere. I was thinking of upgrading the seats.

I'm not really interested in the Vader seats, just the more standard ones.

Thanks

Hate to bump an old thread but I have the same situation. Trying to put E36 seats into an E30. I am requesting info on a vendor who sells brackets to make this work. Still no response. Is this figment not popular or is there no one who makes the brackets?

???????

Comment

Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!

Buy these brackets from forum member RobertK, bolt your seats in, and be happy. They are nicely made very solid pieces. I was originally planning on making my own, and determined it would cost me more money and time to make them than to just buy RobertK's product. I was not disappointed. After a few coats of primer and black paint, they blend in perfectly, and look like they could be a factory part.

Comment

It can be done, you just need to fab up some brackets and depending on whether you have a coupe or sedan, you may need to modify your seat belt mounting points.

I may still have the schematics laying around. From what I recall, it takes a few tries to get the alignment exactly right.

If you're interested, I can probably contact the machine shop that made them and ask them to make more sets.

Comment

Will the E36 seat belt receptacles be used or the E30 ones with E36 seats?

Sent from my SCH-R730 using Tapatalk 2
          -Alpineweiss 1990 325i Sedan "Heidi"
          -1991 Honda Civic Si "Louise" (STC class autocross car, 2013 STC Oregon Region Solo Champ)
          -Hellrot 1997 M3 "Hans Gruber" SOLD :(

Comment

I "think" my vaders have their stock belt receptacles. I bought my car like that so I'm not too sure. They don't look out of place, whatever they're from...
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
            X