Ash tray replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ash tray replacement?

Was there ever a non-smokers version of the e30? I would like to replace the ash tray and cigarette lighter with a full-size storage compartment.

See item #14 in attached diagram.

Comment

Originally posted by GAJ View Post
      Nope. That's just the insert for the ashtray. It's made in two pieces.

And as far as I know, there wasn't a nonsmoking version and there is not alternative on the market. You'd have to make it yourself.

Feedback!
      Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
      Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

it's NLA, you almost never see them
        cars beep boop

Comment

oh wow i take it back

here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Storing-...-/151136405272

and here: http://www.amazon.com/BMW-Genuine-As...productDetails
          cars beep boop

Comment

Wow! That's awesome you found it. I searched e-bay but was using e30 in my search criteria. Credit where credit is due - awesome work.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
              Nope. That's just the insert for the ashtray. It's made in two pieces.

And as far as I know, there wasn't a nonsmoking version and there is not alternative on the market. You'd have to make it yourself.
              Sorry Steven, you're incorrect. Item #14 is indeed the 1-piece open-topped Storage Partition (per description) that is a substitute for the 2-piece lid-topped Ashtray (item #3 in the diagram). This is the item that Kronus found on ebay. Either one will fit into item #4. BMW did not sell the ashtray lid and basin separately.

Comment

I ordered one. We'll see how it fits. They were NLA for the longest time, I am happy to see them exist.
                cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by GAJ View Post
                  Sorry Steven, you're incorrect. Item #14 is indeed the 1-piece open-topped Storage Partition (per description) that is a substitute for the 2-piece lid-topped Ashtray (item #3 in the diagram). This is the item that Kronus found on ebay. Either one will fit into item #4. BMW did not sell the ashtray lid and basin separately.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...09&hg=51&fg=35
                  Actually Steven was correct. I had originally asked for a replacement of the ash tray and cigarette lighter in hopes for a full-size storage compartment. I was hoping there might have been one because of the construction of the centre console. That little bin only replaces the ash tray, which is a good compromise none the less. I personally haven't any use for a cigarette lighter aside from charging my phone, which most radios now do with direct iPhone connection.

Comment

Ah, yes, I reread original post. I now see desire was to replace ashtray AND lighter. Yup, I'm wrong, and agree there's nothing that replaces the lighter, as kronus will soon see.

Comment

I do know that this piece doesn't delete the lighter.. It's in the picture. That is just fine for me, the 12v socket is useful for more than lighting cigarettes.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Ash tray replacement?

Cut it like I did (using someone's photo but you get the idea)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                        1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                        1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                        1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                        1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                        1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                        Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                        1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                        1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

I have the no ash tray/storage bin in my car. It's up at castros at the moment I'll take a pic when I get it back

Originally posted by blunttech
                          Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech
                            Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

The metal bits pull right out for some extra space, I've done it to my front and rear ashtray. It's easier to get stuff out of it now for sure.
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                              X