Carpet Removal Wires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet Removal Wires?

Hey guys first post here, had a quick question. I just got my first E30 it's an 85 325e built as a track car. It has no carpet but there are wires everywhere and I'm wondering how to clean that up a bit? Thanks
    [‘ᴥ’] GRRR RAWR!!!

I'd start by removing anything you don't need. Then just try and tie it all back with something like this:

You could put it in some kind of conduit I suppose, but that would add weight and be a lot more work.

Comment

Ok, so just consolidate it all? That's a good idea. Thank you
      [‘ᴥ’] GRRR RAWR!!!

Comment

Id also suggest buying a few rolls of these as well - http://www.ebay.com/itm/271366498607...84.m1439.l2648
        Current:
        1989 325i
        1988 M3
        1987 325ic
        Past:
        2001 330ci
        2001 M3

Comment

Ok cool.
          [‘ᴥ’] GRRR RAWR!!!

Comment

That tape above and the racecar classic, zip ties...
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Haha of course!!! How could I forget zip ties!
              [‘ᴥ’] GRRR RAWR!!!

Comment

i ordered split braided loom from pegasus racing and am going to use small zip ties to hold it together. my car still has most of the OEM wire holders as well which will help. if you're missing all of the wire holding bits then you should probabably hit the junkyard and grab some. they help out a ton.

i'll also be moving my window switches to the dash and removing the center console. the only wires running across the floor will be the 2 for the reverse lights.

i did eliminate power mirrors and central locking though. so if you're keeping that then you'll have more stuff running across the floor.

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Mitch have any pics? Sounds like its a pretty clean set up
                  [‘ᴥ’] GRRR RAWR!!!

Comment

it's not finished yet unfortunately. my loom will be coming this week and i'm still weeding out some of the harness so it's not quite ready to be wrapped up. i should be making some progress by the end of next weekend so i can post pics then

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                    IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
                      it's not finished yet unfortunately. my loom will be coming this week and i'm still weeding out some of the harness so it's not quite ready to be wrapped up. i should be making some progress by the end of next weekend so i can post pics then
                      Awesome!! Good luck, can't wait to see some pics once it's all wrapped up!!!
                      [‘ᴥ’] GRRR RAWR!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X