Metallic Leather - Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metallic Leather - Ideas?

As some of you know, I do some work on E30 ebrake boots, seats, etc.

My leather supplier carries "Metallic Leather". I received some samples yesterday. Its as shiny a Xmas ornaments. Comes in Silver, Gold, Blue, Red, Green, etc.

My questions is this - any ideas on uses for this without looking rice-a-roni? I was thinking maybe the silver as ebrake and shift boots if the rest of the interior is aluminum accented.

Anyone have pictures of an interior using a little or a lot of metallic leather?
    A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

from what your description i think it would be tough to make anything out of the metallic leather without making it look rice

Comment

Then I guess your only option is to make it look rice.

Comment

if you can sew any scraps into a giant "K" I'll take it. ;)
        My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

A friend has it in his 318ti and it looks like ass IMHO.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

....that San Francisco treat ;)

Comment

No come on Guys, Rob is trying to offer a quality product and asking for constructive critisim. Not bashing, he has even gave one of his early boots to someone in trade for a stereo.

The member liked it. There is a market for quality pieces and he takes the time to stich them up. It not like he ordered a ton from China and is forcing them down our throats.

He just wants realistic thought on them for this sight. On another note Rob if you put them on Ebay they would probably sell well, as they is probably a market still out there for them.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

hmmm anyone have pictures of said "metallic" leather?
                sigpic

Comment

I didn't buy any of the metallic leather, let alone make anything with it. If its one thing, its different - just ttesting the water to see if there is some application for it that doesn't make your car look like a pair of moon boots (most of you here may be too young to catch that reference, but for those who lived through it, god bless ya).

Comment

That's pretty bling-bling for E30's.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by rscheiring
                      - just testing the water to see if there is some application for it that doesn't make your car look like a pair of moon boots (most of you here may be too young to catch that reference, but for those who lived through it, god bless ya).
                      LOL!! All I'm seein' is moon boots pards ;)

Comment

Greg, he asked our opinions on whether we would want it or not. I think the overwhelming opinion is no.

If anyone is on the fence I can find a pic of my friends interior, he has silver leather seats and door panels. And yes, it is a bit flashy for this group.
                        Im now E30less.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                          Greg, he asked our opinions on whether we would want it or not. I think the overwhelming opinion is no.

If anyone is on the fence I can find a pic of my friends interior, he has silver leather seats and door panels. And yes, it is a bit flashy for this group.
                          I appreciate everyone's input on this - thanks. Ryan, if you could post it, even for a laugh, that would be appreciated.

Ryan, btw given you're an Alpina fan, a guy an hour or so from here has a ton of older BMWs and stuff. He claims to have a "full Alpina interior in perfect condition" for the E30, though I'm not sure what that entails. I'll probably go out in the next week or two to visit - any interest in this? I have no idea what he wants for it or what its worth.

Rob

Comment

I would be interested depending on condition and price.

What I would want from it would be the cluster, pedals, dead peal, seats, and 3point wheel.

Bout the only thing I am not interested in is the shift knob and wood deco set.
                            Im now E30less.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh and chris's car.

I dont think the pic captures the shinyness of it:
                              Im now E30less.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X