Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the leather e-brake boot clip into a console fitted with a rubber one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the leather e-brake boot clip into a console fitted with a rubber one?

I have an '86 325es with a rubber accordion e-brake boot. I'd like to replace it with a leather one. Are the consoles any different, or will the leather boot frame snap into my console?

If it's compatible, is anyone selling a leather boot with frame?
    -Nick
    sigpic
    1986 325es || 1998 M3 sedan || 2003 330ci

~Looking for a left side early tail light, or a set of early tails~

Originally posted by fiveightandten View Post
    I have an '86 325es with a rubber accordion e-brake boot. I'd like to replace it with a leather one. Are the consoles any different, or will the leather boot frame snap into my console?

If it's compatible, is anyone selling a leather boot with frame?
    Typically you remove the rubber accordion from the frame, stretch the leather boot over the frame, and re use it. iirc, I didn't even need to glue it in mine, the tension holds it in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy.B View Post
      Typically you remove the rubber accordion from the frame, stretch the leather boot over the frame, and re use it. iirc, I didn't even need to glue it in mine, the tension holds it in place.
      Excellent. So, just buy a boot and it'll fit right on my accordion frame and pop in? Thanks for the info. :up:
      -Nick
      sigpic
      1986 325es || 1998 M3 sedan || 2003 330ci

~Looking for a left side early tail light, or a set of early tails~

Comment

theres a guy on here who makes custom shift boots and ebrake boots and for a great price as well, can do any pattern you point towards, I give him an A on product and an A for customer service (he even sent a little card with hand written note thanking me for my patronage) thats how you do business, il try and PM you his thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy.B View Post
          This.

I find that gluing yields a superior looking result however they will definitely stay in place just stretched over and snapped in place. Shift boots can be done the same way.
          - Josh
          1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
          Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by Regnar75 View Post
            theres a guy on here who makes custom shift boots and ebrake boots and for a great price as well, can do any pattern you point towards, I give him an A on product and an A for customer service (he even sent a little card with hand written note thanking me for my patronage) thats how you do business, il try and PM you his thread.
            Thanks man, I appreciate the compliment!
            - Josh
            1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
            Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Working...
            X