Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninestitch shot out

Hi all,
    Just wanted to give a review of my experience with John at Ninestitch dot com.

I spotted his name in a couple threads but thought I'd start a new one dedicated to his work for him. I had some previous trouble with getting an order from other vendors and decided to give him a shot. Pricing was very fair but he was still newish here. He seemed to have a great passion for e30s when we talked as he had done several before. Plus he is doing some work for his own e30. I figured why not.

Throughout the whole ordering process he answered my countless questions. I changed my mind on materials about 100 times it seemed like. Each time he sent me pictures of what things would look like, if it effected cost, etc. He was very fair in talking through material cost and only charged what he needed for labor. I won't talk pricing here as I feel that's his choice based on what others need.

I decided to go with a cloth insert (don't want to burn my butt when the top is down in the summer) and vinyl sides with blue stitching throughout. He sent pictures as he progressed and always kept me informed on timeline even though I was in no rush. Winter in WI sucks for convertibles.

I can't speak to fit, but I know he uses the OEM kit, so as long as I don't screw it up installing myself I'm sure that it'll fit fine. I'll have them soon to look at up close and will update after I install. Here are the pics he sent me. Can't wait, they're going in a 1991 black exterior vert.

Thanks John!

Andrew
    Attached Files

Looks great! Hows the material?!

http://www.bornfrompassion.net/

Comment

really interested in this, would love to know how difficult the DIY kit is.
      Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

I'll let you know after I start. From reading threads online it's not too hard it appears. Just patience. I'll just do a little each night as I'm not in a rush. Kits should arrive soon and I'll get more pictures up.

Andrew

Comment

I hope this is true. Kevin falling out of grace was a downer.
          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

+1 with John. However I only got shift/hand brake boots, but his customer service is great and his work is immaculate!
            '86 Delphin 335i turbo -
            '88 Schwarz 325i -
            '94 w124 e420 -
            Turbo m30b35 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by cpandrewschmidt View Post
              Hi all,
              Just wanted to give a review of my experience with John at Ninestitch dot com.

I spotted his name in a couple threads but thought I'd start a new one dedicated to his work for him. I had some previous trouble with getting an order from other vendors and decided to give him a shot. Pricing was very fair but he was still newish here. He seemed to have a great passion for e30s when we talked as he had done several before. Plus he is doing some work for his own e30. I figured why not.

Throughout the whole ordering process he answered my countless questions. I changed my mind on materials about 100 times it seemed like. Each time he sent me pictures of what things would look like, if it effected cost, etc. He was very fair in talking through material cost and only charged what he needed for labor. I won't talk pricing here as I feel that's his choice based on what others need.

I decided to go with a cloth insert (don't want to burn my butt when the top is down in the summer) and vinyl sides with blue stitching throughout. He sent pictures as he progressed and always kept me informed on timeline even though I was in no rush. Winter in WI sucks for convertibles.

I can't speak to fit, but I know he uses the OEM kit, so as long as I don't screw it up installing myself I'm sure that it'll fit fine. I'll have them soon to look at up close and will update after I install. Here are the pics he sent me. Can't wait, they're going in a 1991 black exterior vert.

Thanks John!

Andrew
              Please keep us updated on your install. I need to recover my seats and after a bad experience with Kevin Chinn, I'm still looking for a supplier.

Thanks, Cory
              1992 325i Cabrio
              1988 320i Touring
              2000 M5
              1977 530i
              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
              BMWCCA
              E30CCA

Comment

Hi all,
                My seats are done. I'll reiterate I wouldn't hesitate to do business with John again. Customer service top notch as others have stated.

Here are a couple pictures. Not the best pictures but you'll get the point. Fit and material seem great to me. For materials you can pick what you like, (yourautotrim.com) John just prices it accordingly (ie alcantara is obviously more than vinyl) for his labor. You can read up about certain strengths, fadiness, etc on the website. I chose black cloth and black vinyl with blue stitching.

Kit seems to fit just fine to me. I know he uses OEM pattern. I've never done upholstery work, and I feel I did OK. Any "off" spots are probably from my own doing and not the kit. I got the hang of it after the back seat. Couple spots there I had seams too tightened down. I'm sure they'll loose up a bit after some butts get in them. Just take your time and it'll come out fine. In person these look even better, especially compared to before.

Highly recommend John.

Andrew

before

[img][/img]

after

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

front seat
                [img][/img]

Comment

Thanks Andrew!

I cannot see the pics. Anyone else having the same problem?
                  1992 325i Cabrio
                  1988 320i Touring
                  2000 M5
                  1977 530i
                  BMWCCA
                  E30CCA

Comment

hmm, i can see them. But I'll attach this way too.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. Looks good!
                      1992 325i Cabrio
                      1988 320i Touring
                      2000 M5
                      1977 530i
                      BMWCCA
                      E30CCA

Comment

I just ordered a kit from John for my vert. Dealing with the ordering process was very easy. Once I get the kit installed, I will get pics up.
                        sigpic

Comment

good dude. helping me find some material that i need

Comment

John comes to the rescue again. Working on replacing my rear window on the convertible I was using floodlights. You can see where this is headed. Start to smell a weird smell. I look down and see the floodlight melting my brand new covers. F&*K. Nice hole right in the middle of it. Ugh was i pissed.

John is kind enough to have me ship it to him and patch in the fix for much cheaper than having to order a whole new kit.

Thanks for the quick service!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looking forward to ordering mine in a couple months!

Comment

Working...
                              X