Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sport seat back panels: difference between coupe/vert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there are slight variations between a coupe and convertible sport seat, but are the back panels interchangeable? My back panel is messed up pretty bad, but I can't find a coupe panel in black vinyl for sale anywhere, wondering about other options.

Thanks

Editing to state that I have checked RealOEM and the part numbers don't jive, but that sometimes RealOEM can be less than accurate/clear.
    Last edited by Vincent Brick; 04-15-2015, 12:38 PM.
    sigpic
    1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

They are completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox View Post
      They are completely different.
      How are they different? I can't think of why they would be. Other than stitching and the back seat access handle, there isn't anything different between the seats, no?

Comment

The verts are actually narrower inside then the coupes, due to structural reinforcements The back seat is different, the carpet is different and the interior panels contain speaker pods and are different on the top because of the rear windows and the convertible top.
        Last edited by Paradox; 04-15-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I think OP means the cover for the rear of the front seats, not the rear bench and seatback. If so, they are the same I believe, though there may be a difference in the access handle.
          '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
          '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
          '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

Sorry im illiterate

Comment

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. lol

Comment

The covers for the back of the seats should all be the same between sport, vert and M3. At least they all looked exactly the same to me. Vert seats just have limiters to stop you from reclining the seat further (which can be removed).
                1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Vincent, awakennomore is correct. All of the rear seat covers are interchangeable. The only difference is the passenger and drivers side.
                  Proud Owner and Operator.
                  sigpic

Comment

2 door sport seat backs should all be the same but the 4 dr seat backs to not have the cutoff for the recline handle.
                    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                    Alice the Time Capsule
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Vert and coupe rear covers are not interchangeable from my experience I have both and the vert cut outs don't line up. I believe the verts were cut too low.

Comment

Working...
                      X