Another Door Card Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Door Card Question

I'm planning on doing the interior of my e30. Its currently black leatherette (vinyl). I wanted to get the Alpina or other M-tech style cloth from another sales thread.

My current cards are full leatherette. I found a set online with cloth. Does it make a difference for the upholstery shop whether its cloth already? Or can they just make a cut-out and add the cloth?

I would like to hear from someone who has used the original leatherette interior and had the upholstery shop do a cut-out & replace it with cloth.
    E30///318is Hartge

I'm having my interior done and what they do is make a cutout panel and either glue it on or stitch it to the other panel. Really depends $$$.
    sigpic
    323i MTEC1
    Z3 coupe
    E60 M5

Comment

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
      I'm having my interior done and what they do is make a cutout panel and either glue it on or stitch it to the other panel. Really depends $$$.

Does that make the panel too thick for the handle surround?
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

No cause the hole is made to let the handle fit. The panel is not that thick.
        sigpic
        323i MTEC1
        Z3 coupe
        E60 M5

Comment

^ I've been wondering this exact same thing and turns out adding cloth inserts is way easier than it seemed

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Working...
          X