Carpet install help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet install help

So soon ill be buying a brand new Blue carpet from BMW and i cant seem to find anywhere where someone installed the carpet proper. I know the dash has to come out and thats fine with me im getting a crack free dash. Im sure the H-vac stuff has to come out, again im good with it going to do the heater core wile im in there. but once all that is removed dose it all just lay in there proper without any cutting at all? I would really like to avoid cutting the carpet and this will be a big project I know but I'm doing the above " wile im in there" stuff. let me know guys thanks.
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Most people when they swap carpet will cut the carpet and lay it around the heater box instead of removing the box. Also, if you're into car audio, now is the time to think about sound sound deadening, 5 RCA's and running speak wire from the front to the back.

Also, some e30 didn't come with vents under the seats, and some did. So on some carpeting there is removable foam that fills up the space those vents would normally take - I don't know what the new carpet will come with it or not, so you might save your old carpet and peal off the foam and put it on your new carpet if you need to do that.

BTW - IIRC you can remove the heater box with out pulling the dash - I may be wrong on that - so look it up if you don't want to pull the dash now.

And yes, I would assume OEM carpet should just lay up perfectly if you ordered the correct part number - no cutting required.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I just bought new oem carpet and I don't think you can get new blue oem carpet. I believe the only new carpet you can buy is black, I could be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure.

Comment

You mean gray - not black, right?
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Blue is still available I asked for availability on blue carpet specifically
          Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            You mean gray - not black, right?
            You can get black I ordered black to replace my gray carpet. Not sure if you can get blue though.
            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
            X