Sport seats killing back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport seats killing back

Sport seats are killing my lower back! Really thinking about investing in something else! What do you guys think as far as replacement seats goes, I don't want a racing seat as this is a DD, defiantly want something more classy that will look great but not destroy my buget such as something 1000 a seat.

Find a pair of VW Mk2 Recaros (the ones with powered bases only!) and a set of e30 adaptors and your problems are solved!

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

You're getting old. I have never complain about coilovers before until recently when I turned 28.
      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

My sports seats aggravated my lower back as well. Roll up a towel or something and put it at the back of the seat bottom. Now you can drive your e30 while you shop for the replacement seats. And I'm old. That's when I knew it. When I added shit to my car's seat. Fuck.
        Originally posted by Andy.B
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Everyone has to have sport seats in their E30s, so OEM comfort seats are a dime a dozen. Since buying my Touring last fall, I've found the comfort seats in the Touring to be more comfortable than the sport seats in my 'vert. Yes, I'm old.
          1992 325i Cabrio
          1988 320i Touring
          2000 M5
          1977 530i
          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
          BMWCCA
          E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
            Find a pair of VW Mk2 Recaros (the ones with powered bases only!) and a set of e30 adaptors and your problems are solved!
            That doesnt sound like a bad idea I just have to find a pair in good shape! Which is always difficult! How do they compare in comfort compared to the sports they look just as good in my opinion

Yes I am getting old and my seats are even older! They are from an 84 so 4 years older than me. Not sure what are worn out more my seats or my self I am going to be self confident and say my seats!

Comment

My only concern about those mk2 recaros is they will be just as old and beat up padding wise

Comment

Interesting, I've never had any issue with my sports, comforts were filled with irony for me, especially over distance.

Corbeau has a couple options, the sport and gtsII. I have no personal experience but some do, and they certainly look nice.

Comment

The gts2 look awesome but over 1600 for a pair is more than I want to spend. How much difference do you think just having the driver side seat redone would make because my passanger seat is still in pretty ok shape!

Comment

Originally posted by zerokid5555 View Post
                    That doesnt sound like a bad idea I just have to find a pair in good shape! Which is always difficult! How do they compare in comfort compared to the sports they look just as good in my opinion
                    My only concern about those mk2 recaros is they will be just as old and beat up padding wise
                    Like anything else that is old, you will have to dig and with luck you will find a pair in great shape with lots of life left in them.

Comfort and back support? The Recaros are much better than OEM. First thing I did was swap out the Sport seats with a set of Recaros in my wagon.

Comment

The gts2 look awesome but over 1600 for a pair is more than I want to spend. How much difference do you think just having the driver side seat redone would make because my passanger seat is still in pretty ok shape!
                      I paid much less than $1600 to BUY a pair of Mk2 Recaros and have them completely rebuilt and reupholstered.

And doing the driver side will be a big benefit! I suggest you go to a VW meetup and see if an owner will let you sit in one. You'll know what I'm talking about once you do.

Comment

The pricing is per pair, I see it as $738 for cloth, $1150 for leather.

Comment

MC Hammered seats are gorgeous, no doubt.

Comment

Wow per pair is much much more appropriate and affordable! That is a great option! I like the black leather with suede except for the white stitching not sure why they did that. MC hammer those seats are insane!!!! How much less than 1600 would it cost me to do the same ��

Comment

Thanks for your responses! Great thread already

Comment

Working...
                              X