gauge cluster fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gauge cluster fitment

I recently had my cluster refurbished for my 1991 318is, and had trim rings, green tach strip, amber led bulbs, etc done. Looks great. Since the PO had broken off both tabs/ears at top of case, e30_dad (who did great work btw) used a new case with unbroken tabs/ears. I installed the cluster, and am seeing a gap along the bottom edge between the black cluster trim surround and the flat black plastic trim piece that slides in above the steering wheel (the piece that the 2 knurled nuts secure in place from behind the dash).

Note: I swapped in an early dash last year, and there are minor differences in the way the lower knee bolster fits, but nothing crazy that I can't look past or live with.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has run into this same issue: Gap at lower edge between cluster trim surround> http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=62_0064 (#2 in diagram) and http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_1003 (#18 in diagram)

Never heard of this issue. Is everything screwed down properly? nothing broken?
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

update: I am an idiot

realized that the bottom corners of the cluster somehow got behind the dash tabs they screw into - so they were in the wrong position (too far back).

It can happen I guess. Strange because I've removed and reinstalled the cluster a few times before

Comment

Ahhh I've had that happen before.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
        X