Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to swap strip of warning logo's from my cluster to new cluster? Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to swap strip of warning logo's from my cluster to new cluster? Possible?

I have an 87 325ic Motometer cluster. My Motometer cluster looks like this:

Between Brake Fluid and the battery logo it is blank. When I start my car up the Anti-Lock lights up in that space. But, it is not visible when the car is off or after start up.

This is the cluster case that I am looking at, an 88 Motometer:

You will see between Brake Fluid and the battery logo it actually states "Anti-Logo" as it has a permanent logo.

Is there a way that I can purchase the 88 motometer, take out the strip of warning logos out of that 88 and put my warning logo strip from my 87 into it?

Yes it's a simple swap. You need to remove the cluster and "pop" of the clear lens. Be careful not to break it. I always removed it by taking a flat screwdriver and slowly twist it between the lens and the cluster working myself all around the outer edge. Once that is off, you can grab the trim that holds the strips in pull it out. It just snaps in and out. The strip just lays in there. You'll find once you removed the lens it will no longer stay in place when it is out of the car. You can glue it back. But be careful cause the glue could "fog" the lens or use some epoxy. But if you install the cluster back in the car. The lens will stay inplace with the outer trim of the cluster.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

No.... no need to remove the clear lens, the strips slide in from the side. You use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull them out.

Comment

Well, I'll be!!! Just learned something new. Although I used a very small screw driver. It slid right out!

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
        X