Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did anybody ever buy new carpet from the dealer or other source ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did anybody ever buy new carpet from the dealer or other source ?

I am looking to get new carpet for my new project. I once swapped the carpets between the 2 cars that I had at that time, but I never bought new carpet. Is there anybody except the dealer who sells it? Any idea how much it costs? I am looking for black carpet.
    Thanks for any tips

This is one place.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

i heard a lot of places dont make to good of kits, but that one that mike 325 posted looks pretty good

Comment

just another place you may be able to purchase carpet from

Comment

thanks for links guys !

Comment

Is the 4 door carpet identical to the 2 door carpet???
            Recent Rebranding!!
            Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
            E30 SM62/S62
            E30 M60 V8
            E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
            Instagram.com/garageaholic
            Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Im in the same boat Vlad, I called the dealer and they wanted $502 for the set. Black did not come from the dealer but dark grey did. I do not want to buy a kit that will look half ass. The person that had the car before I did, did that and for me it looks like crap. I really do not want to fork up that much for the carpet but I want as close as dealer as I can find. The second link is carpet that was molded over the existing carpet, that will not work for me. I want to remove it all and replace like new. Let me know if you find something and Ill do the same. Good luck
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Does anyone know if the carpet available at www.bavauto.com is a full replacement? There price is $249.95 for a 4 piece carpet set. I’m looking for new carpet as well, and I also don’t want a ghetto “install over your existing carpet” replacement.

Comment

Ive only herd that the ones from BAV are not worth it. I feel Im going the dealer route only to get it looking the best. Just going to hurt after that!

Vlad, any luck on yours?
                  Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I'm also looking into black carpet. I've read a lot about the "over the existing carpet" kits fitting horribly and not being so great. Has anyone actually done this? I'd be curious to see pictures of the installed finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by M3fan4eva View Post
                      Is the 4 door carpet identical to the 2 door carpet???
                      it's a little different but you might be able to make it work.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                      X