Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Creative Options Experience

Hi Everyone,

Seeing as how Creative Options/Kevin Chinn still has an operating website and is willing to take orders, I figured I should post up my recent experience. I wish I saw the older posts on here that echoed a lot of this, but coming from the E24 community, I only really saw the quality work put into people's upholstery kits, and the good things people said about the work. Anyway...

I reached out to Creative Options back in January of 2016 to get new front seat covers made for my 635CSi, in addition to some other misc leather-wrapped parts (rear headrests, rear between-seat panel, e-brake boot, and a bottle of black leather dye for my rear seats). I expected that I would need to be patient, but I was quoted a good price and was willing to wait to get everything. I sent Kevin a $710 deposit to get the ball rolling.

Kevin would occasionally check in with me to let me know how things were coming along, asking me questions regarding stitching preference, etc, and this went on for about a year and a half. Eventually the check-ins stopped, and I reached out to him November 26 2017 to figure out what was going on. He replied with:

On Nov 26, 2017, at 11:56, Info <info@creativeoptions.info> wrote:

I dropped the ball on these, so sorry. Let me wrap these up in a few weeks. Can you send me your contact number so I have it as well.

BR,
    Kevin
    I sent him my phone number, then heard nothing. I admittedly forgot about ordering these until this past July (2.5 years after placing the order) when I reached out to him asking for a refund for my deposit, and got ... no response. I replied another 2 times over the past couple months asking for a reply to that e-mail, and again got no response. I'm giving him one more chance to reply, then I'll be pursuing legal action to get my deposit back.

This has been a terrible experience, and seems to be in line with what others around here have experienced in recent years. If anyone knows Kevin personally, please encourage him to get back to me ASAP.
    87 325is - 88 635CSi - 03 Jetta 1.8T - 04 V70R

Exactly the same experience I had. Didn't get me deposit back until I threatened legal action. Please post your experience on every BMW forum you frequent. There are plenty of good vendors that serve the online BMW community and Kevin gives them all a bad name.

Cory
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Comment

This guy has owed my customer (that recently passed) a complete COMPLETE interior for the past 4 years or so. So screwed up.
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I've reached out to a lawyer, so hoping that Kevin will make good and refund me my deposit before I have to escalate this further.

Does anyone have a recent phone number for Kevin that they would be willing to PM me? The existing Creative Options number appears to have been disconnected.

Comment

This is really bad to hear, I have upheld this guy in high regard. I follow the little bit he posts on Instagram, always gives great advice on anything to do with upholstery and his workmanship seems to be top notch.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I've had a hit and miss experience with him and I'm only too glad I didn't send him any $$$$ I feel bad for those who have. That was a at least a few years ago!! Doesn't matter his situation or how talented he may be. Bad business is bad business and a persons word is everything but it seems to hold little weight these days.

Ruining his reputation is his fault.
            sigpic

Comment

SixerFixer, I have never had personal experience with creative options, but after reading all the threads about him I decided to take my interior into my own hands. In 2013 or so I started NineStitch, if you are still in need of interior work you can pm, email or text me.
              NineStitch1@gmail.com - 1-347-782-1302
              Proud Owner and Operator.
              sigpic

Comment

Long overdue update on this, but Kevin from Creative Options reached out to me today and provided me with a refund of my deposit from all those years ago. He mentioned he lost all of his client contact information a few years back which created a headache for his business. Despite giving up on this a while back, I'm happy to report a positive outcome at the end of everything.

Comment

Woah, I'm surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by SixerFixer View Post
                    Long overdue update on this, but Kevin from Creative Options reached out to me today and provided me with a refund of my deposit from all those years ago. He mentioned he lost all of his client contact information a few years back which created a headache for his business. Despite giving up on this a while back, I'm happy to report a positive outcome at the end of everything.
                    Glad you finally got your deposit back. That is a typical Kevin excuse. I heard lots of them before moving on and getting a great seat kit from Ninestitch.
                    1992 325i Cabrio
                    1988 320i Touring
                    2000 M5
                    1977 530i
                    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                    BMWCCA
                    E30CCA

Comment

Working...
                    X