Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Facelift Interior Query

Hi,

I’m the owner of a 1984 320i Baur and was just wondering whether anyone knew if the pre-facelift e30 was fitted with speaker/kick panels?Currently my vehicle doesn’t have any and just has a ‘speaker grill’ over the side panel speakers.I would really prefer to have kick panels as the carpet just gets kinda scruffy down there.... :roll:

Found some E30 ones but not sure if I can actually fit them though...any input would be appreciated.

yes, all E30s had kick panels in the interior.
    cars beep boop

Comment

Aha,thanks for the confirmation on that,I suspected that was the case but wasn’t sure.

Time to buy those kickpanels then I guess....

Comment

With kickpanels you mean the panels in front of the doors? Pre september 1985 didn´t have them, at least not in plastic. They where made of the same fabric as the floormat. The speakers went behind them.

Gr jeroen

Comment

Ohhhhh...I’ve just seen this Baur,sadly after I just spent €50 on buying some kick/speaker panels based on the above advice...

Yes,my baur currently just has carpet with a speaker ‘cover’ which is just a bit larger than the speaker itself...I just assumed the kick panels were missing...I wonder if the ones I’ve purchased will fit anyhow?Or if not,anyone want to buy some??!

Comment

Originally posted by Baur View Post
            With kickpanels you mean the panels in front of the doors? Pre september 1985 didn´t have them, at least not in plastic. They where made of the same fabric as the floormat. The speakers went behind them.

Gr jeroen
            I have a 6/83 build car that came with them.
            cars beep boop

Comment

I had an '84 with the carpet and speaker grill.
              1990 325i
              2004 330i Individual 6-speed
              sigpic

Comment

So this now all seems to be somewhat ambiguous,question is can I fit them whether it had them originally or not I guess

Comment

Well,the suckers have arrived already and as far as I can tell they are mounted only via one screw which goes into the speaker screw holes.... let’s see what happens

Comment

My 84 320i (euro also) has the carpet kick panels like you describe.

Comment

Well I can confirm that the later plastic kick panels do indeed fit.Kinda crazy that there are only attached by one screw...but hey,who needs to use 4 when you only need 1 eh?!

Comment

Working...
                      X