Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

m3 back seat in a 325is.. seat belt receivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m3 back seat in a 325is.. seat belt receivers?

Has anyone come up with a simple solution to get the belt buckle receivers to sit nicely in an m3 back seat in a narrow body car?

Currently the receivers are bolted on each side of the middle of the seat to allow for a third person. They don't quite reach the m3 seat's plastic holders. Other than drilling a new hole in my floorboard, I can't think of a way to make it all fit nicely.

Any ideas?
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

I think Staszek is running a rear m3 seat in his coupe. I may be wrong, but it seems to me he has m3 seats based on his build thread.

Comment

According to RealOEM, M3 buckles are the same as non-M3, so they must be bolted into a different spot.

Comment

IIRC, I swapped my seat belt buckles from side to side, got them to fit in place (barely) and cut off the ones I did not need. Been a long time, so I don't remember that well.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

The M3 has a center mounting hole in the chassis and uses the normal e30 dual receiver piece. If you do drill a hole, be sure to add reinforcement to that area, because it's just a single layer on non-M's.
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
            The M3 has a center mounting hole in the chassis and uses the normal e30 dual receiver piece. If you do drill a hole, be sure to add reinforcement to that area, because it's just a single layer on non-M's.
            Hmm, is it easy to access back there or are you basically on top of the rear subframe?
            Build Threads:
            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Its just to the right of the brake line T, directly over the differential hump in the subframe.

Went and took a picture of an M3 I'm doing some rust cleanup on

Last edited by E30SPDFRK; 12-20-2018, 02:23 PM.
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
              X