damn glove compartment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn glove compartment!

For some odd reason my glove compartment locked itself and i do not know how to get in without ruining or scratching the surface. My key does not work. Has anyone else had this problem? If so... how do i get in?

Thanks alot! That does help! I will try to work my magic tommorow!

Comment

Thank you someone for asking about that! My glovebox is locked as well, and we could not get it open. I'm going to go try that right now!

Comment

have fun boys :)....just make sure you replace that latch, it gets stiff and then stuck and then your fuk'd once again. :)
        Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

this whole situation sucked bad!! my glovebox has been locked shut for over half a year and i finally wanted to get that situation straight. i though, from reading the instructions, that it would be easy..... man FUCK THAT.

if you find that your latch is getting sticky, CHANGE THE PARTS NOW so you dont have to do this bs.

that procedure where you use the screwdriver to push in the RHS claw is shit. Then again, once i got it removed, i couldnt push it in anyway. i had to cut the handle off and get plyers on the latch. apparently there is more than one way for our latch to become locked shut.

one being the metal finger bends back. the other in that the claw's pivot points break loose. then again, that could have been from pulling on it, so i dont know what when wrong with mine. it was just stuck i guess.
          Attached Files

Comment

Fuck mine went on me yesterday. Bummer its not an easy fix.
            Back to my roots

Comment

what if you unscrew the hinge at the back of the glovebox and undo the glovebox straps?
              Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
              http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport
                what if you unscrew the hinge at the back of the glovebox and undo the glovebox straps?
                once the rear hinge is undone, there really isnt that much more room to do anything becase the front latch is in tight. straps dont even come into play at this point. you undo that latch screw but that doesnt give anything else better either. its part of the computer bracket and thats pretty solid in there. and THEN if youre able to bend and fuck up your shit enough to get a long screwdriver in there, theres a plastic cover doing its dammdest keeping that tip from meeting the latch.

fuck it all, dremmel the handle to pieces and save the time and headache!!!

Comment

Agreed, I did this and it sucked. Took me like 3 hours. I did it without using any power tools, and I was able to bend the ECU carrying bracket back into place, so it can be done, it was just a bitch. I remember my hands being torn to shit and bleeding at the end of it.

'88 325is
                  VP UT of Austin Autoholics
                  BMWCCA 380364

Comment

I might just say fuck it to my glovebox. I keep my registration in the map pocket.
                    Back to my roots

Comment

save your time, drill the lock, and replace the latch assembly with a new, non-locking latch....

I tried one of the writeups above, got pissed, and wound up breaking my glovebox...

what I managed to avoid, thank god... was denting or cracking the dashboard... that would have been a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by FifeDog236
                        I might just say fuck it to my glovebox. I keep my registration in the map pocket.
                        you should keep it in your wallet anyways :?
                        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer
                          you should keep it in your wallet anyways :?
                          ?? mine is on a 10x12 peice of paper.. I'm *not* putting that in my wallet!
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

My wallet is the last place I want to leave my reg. Ill leave it in my car thank you very much.
                            Back to my roots

Comment

Working...
                            X