Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vader seat pics/install

I am looking for info/photos on this swap. Thanks Brian

I will try to get some pics up soon. I will be moving them into my new E30 in a few days so I will take pictures of the brakets. and the seats.
    1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
    5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

there ya go

Comment

wow, is that all? I'm on it! Thanks for the link!
        Slicktop City!

Comment

Np at all, the owner of that website is a good friend of mine.

Comment

I am interested to see what people do with the factory seat belts since you have to remove the slider bar .

Comment

in my swap i used an exhaust hanger and just drilled it into the floor with reinforcements that way the lap belt was still removable but also safe and succure

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

I don't have any good pics but I have Vaders in my car. I made the brackets out of 1/4 inch steel rather than drilling the unibody which I have heard others have done.

I bolted the belts to the brackets I fabricated (which are bolted to the floor using the stock seat belt holds) using 1/4 inch angle iron and grade 8 bolts making sure not to kink the seat belt webbing (nylong webbing is strongest when it is not folded or kinked).

I am currently trying to source some sedan seat belts because I believe that bolting the end of the lap belt to the B-pillar using the stock mounting point for the slider bar is probably better overall.

Comment

I kept the bars in place.
                  1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
                  5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

the link doesnt work :(, im having some troubles :S , ive got the brackets and works great, but the problems are the seatbelt When you put it in without modifing the nipple . the seatbelt sensor from the car came 2 wires to the connector and the vares has a 3 wires connector so im confused .this seat has the pyrotechnic protection ? any one knows how i can make it work? which wire must be connected?.
                    ive got a 4dr

Comment

Working...
                    X