No announcement yet.

Those interior lights in the headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can fab up sheetmetal or layup some fiberglass light mounts and then screws these to the lil tabs left of the plastic or nearby metal. I had to do this to my E30. Both sides tabs were busted and the lights were just hanging. It took me about an hr to measure up and fab the first one out of sheet metal. Once that was done it was a fairly easy fix. Used two small sheetmetal screws to screw the new base to what was left of the old one.
    sigpic
    - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

ummmmm, the headliner is NOT glued in place by the dome light. just peal the rubber seal away from the headliner and pop the plastic mount out. i just replaced mine.

if yout lights arent working i would first test the little door switches and also the relay that is located under the front drivers side speaker.
      NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Originally posted by BDSax View Post
        ummmmm, the headliner is NOT glued in place by the dome light. just peal the rubber seal away from the headliner and pop the plastic mount out. i just replaced mine.
        Well, as originally installed, the headliner is glued in place on the sheet metal, then the door seal is put in over it.

These are for a touring, but I'm sure they are the same instructions you'd find for a coupe or sedan.

John in MD - 1991 318is
        190k miles and still rolling!

Comment

Same problem

I have the same issue with my driver's side switch not working but my passenger side switch seems to work just fine. I noticed that you were asking about the central locking as well and mine works sometimes but sometimes not. I would say about 50/50 but if it is really cold it doesn't seem to work at all. Is the door light swtich related to the central locking mechanism somehow?

Comment

well they both work... mounts are broken :)

Local guy is going to assist me

Comment

Working...
            X