This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** Official Aftermarket Seats for E30's thread **

I am looking to get some aftermarket seats in my E30. I have been looking at Recaro "Expert", Sparco "Torino/Milano" (1 or 2), and Cobra "le Mans" lately as worthy options that aren't full-race and are similar enough to stock (reclining!!).

But enough about me, let's hear about you guys and your:
    SEATS, MOUNTS, SLIDERS (if applicable) and RIDE HEIGHT VERSUS STOCK

I am trying to make this thread all about our options that fit well in an E30 and HOW they fit versus stock sport seats. PICTURES, LINKS, and other input would be phenomenal. For some of us looking to upgrade, and for some of us who sit pretty tall, this thread can help a lot with buying desicions. Thanks in advance for the input!!

-Clay
    <3 community

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
    HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
    **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Another thing that should be added as the posts arrive is how you solved the seatbelt problem. Stock belt receiver attaches to the seat.
    sigpic

Comment

I see a lot of views only so far. POST UP!

I know a lot of people have Recaro "Speed" and "SRD" seats and Corbeau seat and more... so please post up the pics and any good info, we can use it!

Thanks.

Comment

lets get the posts rolling! im sorry i would post....but i dont think any one really cares about a torn-to-shit tan driver cabby seat that matches with the great condition vinyl black passenger.
        1991 318iS swapped w/ euro S50B32
        -Michael

Comment

I didn't want to spend more than I had to on new seats that can be used as DD seats and safe for AutoX/HPDE events / harness use etc.. I like them, yes they aren't Recaros but they do their job just fine for everyday use and hold me better than the old stockers (cloth oem sports).

So, they were about 800 for a pair new with all the hardware / double locking sliders shipped. They do sit lower than stock sport seats, maybe 1-2" or so, I did not measure this.

brackets / sliders

for now using stock belts

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

^^ Care to share brand and model, perhaps from whom you purchased? Mini-review? Do they come in fat size?

Comment

at the moment my car is a work in progress.... but i have test mounted my recaro pole position SPG's with custom floor mounts made by my friend Uwe in england.

it's LOW, i had to lower my dash and stearing colum to accomidate...

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Why not just raise the seat a little instead of dropping dash?

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
                  ^^ Care to share brand and model, perhaps from whom you purchased? Mini-review? Do they come in fat size?
                  Corbeau TRS. Ordered them from apexperformance, free s/h, no tax. You can also order them in microsuede but there was a 2 week wait on those and I needed seats bad before autox so I couldn't wait. I got the regular size for upto 36" waist, there is a wide version available too for up to 42" waist.

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                    Why not just raise the seat a little instead of dropping dash?
                    cause there is nothing under the dash, and i was dropping the stearing colum anyways, so why not?
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Sparco Sprint

I'm 5'8" and it sits a little low even with a slider and 0.5" spacers. I find myself pushing on the dead pedal to get a little extra height. Lowering the column and dash is an interesting option I may look into. The mounting bracket does not have a recline adjustment so I would not daily drive with this seat. My back feels strained after a full day of driving in such an upright position. I plan on installing a cage with proper harness bar and 5 point harness.

Last edited by DoriftuEvo; 03-12-2008, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Nice guys, keep em coming... more about height and sliders/mounts and where you got stuff from. THANKS! I wanna see more of the variety that R3V is sitting in. Oh, and BUMP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                          I didn't want to spend more than I had to on new seats that can be used as DD seats and safe for AutoX/HPDE events / harness use etc.. I like them, yes they aren't Recaros but they do their job just fine for everyday use and hold me better than the old stockers (cloth oem sports).

So, they were about 800 for a pair new with all the hardware / double locking sliders shipped. They do sit lower than stock sport seats, maybe 1-2" or so, I did not measure this.
                          Hey jean can you snap a pic of how close the seat is to the center console? Im a bigger guy and i was wondering if the seat would fit. Thanks.

Comment

Corbeau Forza II using stock sliders

I put a pair of forzas in, on the drivers side I simply used two pieces of angle iron, basically like this. You have to drill holes for the seat and to bolt it to the floor pan, you also need a shorter bolt on the outside or the stock one will hit your fuel lines. Mine is set about 1" above the floor pan.

For the passenger side I wanted a slider so I can still get things into the back seat, I took the sliders off my old seats and again using some angle iron I fabbed up a little bracket, drill a few holes, add a few bolts and washers and voila. You retain the stock seatbelt location as well. It is about as high as a sport seat on it's lowest setting.

It's a tight fit, but I wanted the seats as close to the middle of the car as possible.

Here is a picture that shows the difference between the two seats.

Attached Files

Comment

I installed 2 Sparco Sprint V seats in mine. I used Recaro sliders and E30 mount brackets from Speedsource and their aluminum side brackets.

The seats are very tight. I might end up removing the sliders from the driver's side because I might need the extra head room. All in all, I wish I could have gotten some of the Massive side brackets that work with the stock sliders. That would have been much more cost effective and would have ended up about the same height or lower.

1987 E30 325is
                              1999 E46 323i
                              RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                              oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Working...
                              X