MkII GTi Recaros in an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine in today...amazing!!

But I am missing the reclining levers for my passenger seat and the stock E30 ones don't work obviously.

Anyone know where I can get a set of them?
    Reminiscing...

Comment

IIRC mine were $8 at the dealer.
      if you talk nice to them, you should be able to get them to find the number and order it. remember that is really old stuff to them, expect to get when you ask them to order them
      seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
        IIRC mine were $8 at the dealer.
        if you talk nice to them, you should be able to get them to find the number and order it. remember that is really old stuff to them, expect to get when you ask them to order them
        You have part numbers? I'm hoping you're speaking about the Recaros and not sport seats.

EDIT:

Handle outer left 52 10 1 924 801
        Handle outer right: 52 10 1 924 802
        Handle: 52 10 1 883 321
        Cover: 52 10 1 883 322
        Last edited by M42Technik; 01-07-2009, 04:11 PM.
        Reminiscing...

Comment

yep. the VW recaros.
          let me run out to my car and see if there is a part number on it

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

911-521-817.00

seat back release handle. that is a VW part number BTW

Comment

Hey Dan, do your seat shocks work?
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                Hey Dan, do your seat shocks work?
                Barely. They lift the seats (as they should) but only if the seats are reclined just a small amount.

Here are the PN's for the shocks:

Gas pressurized spring backrest adjuster: 14,20 € - 52 10 1 916 596
                Gas pressurized spring backrest adjuster: 23,10 € - 52 10 1 965 632
                Gas pressurized spring vert.seat adjust: 12,60 € - 52 10 1 916 601
                Gas pressurized spring vert.seat adjust: 23,70 € - 52 10 1 965 645

Not sure why there are two for each...

I got to driving in them, its quite a different seating position! Pictures to come very soon!
                Reminiscing...

Comment

As far as I know, they take only two shocks per seat - there is no height adjustment.

The shocks seem to be the same as sport seat shocks.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    As far as I know, they take only two shocks per seat - there is no height adjustment.

The shocks seem to be the same as sport seat shocks.
                    That is true, it just happens that there were two part numbers for each shock...don't know the differences between the two...those are pricey! I wonder if you can find them cheaper elsewhere...

www.capitalseating.co.uk got my seal of approval, those guys worked fast and I got my seat foam in record time!
                    Reminiscing...

Comment

EDIT: One had a bent frame, the other had busted cables, and they could use new shocks. Still have to swap out the seatbelt catchers too. <3 these seats!!
                      Last edited by M42Technik; 01-08-2009, 02:13 AM.
                      Reminiscing...

Comment

^whoa

Comment

WOW, yours look burly as hell. Bolsters look healthier than mine :D

Congrats on the find.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

I'll trade you my soul for those seats, how about it?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                              I'll trade you my soul for those seats, how about it?
                              You already asked me that, and the answer remains the same. If I ever do need the money though...
                              Reminiscing...

Comment

I actually made a little bit of progress with mine today, I painted the bracket adapters, now I just need to find another junk E30 seat to rob the rails from. Tricked323i is working on my replacement seat webbings, and once those are done, I can install them.

Comment

Working...
                                X