No announcement yet.

MkII GTi Recaros in an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much to make some adapters/weld them on if I send you some stock rails?

Comment

Major progress made tonight on getting these things done. Andrew and I came up with a new idea for seat cushion support, using der affe's idea as a jump off point. We made a weave of nylon webbing, and Andrew stitched it all together. We used steel rods down each side, and used S-hooks to secure it to the seat frame. To stop the rod from sliding out, Andrew put a bend at the end of each rod, and used a small collar with a set screw at the other end. The seat is installed in the car now, I just need to find another seat to steal the sliders from, and both seats will be in!

Pardon the fuzzy pic:

Andrew kind of messed up the weaving on this one:

Last edited by Jand3rson; 02-11-2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
        Andrew kind of messed up the weaving on this one:
        You just HAD to point it out. :)

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
          You just HAD to point it out. :)
          If Josh had not pointed it out it would have been r3ved.

Really though, that is a sweet looking setup. Looks fantastic and I imagine it will work 200% better than how Recaro originaly designed it. But, I have to ask, are you sure the webbing will be loose enough to let you "sink" into the seat a bit?
          ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

It does The webbing isn't supper tight to begin with and does have a little bit of stretch to it.

Comment

It's in! One more to go, I have to find another junk seat to steal the rails from.

These are SO COMFORTABLE. Fuck sport seats. And about 5 lbs. lighter.

Comment

looks hot.

I've got a trashed driver's sport seat you can have the rails from if you are gonna be in the portland area anytime soon.

Comment

i just got my e30s recaro seats redone... damn. any one want to trade. . hehe :p

Comment

Originally posted by rhett325i View Post
                    looks hot.

I've got a trashed driver's sport seat you can have the rails from if you are gonna be in the portland area anytime soon.
                    If you wanna just send them to me, I'll pay you for shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by rhett325i View Post
                      looks hot.

Can i have the knob?

Comment

If you mean the one at the end of the rod for adjusting the forward/back position, I need that, too. As well as the rod that goes between the 2 sliders to allow them to move.

Here's a shot of the driver side with the new door panel in. Now I need a black or grey rear seat, grey carpet, and a black rear shelf.

Comment

Hey I got the same pedal set as you. The gti seats look really clean in your car.

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

What a difference the matching door panel makes.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

You should see the whole inside, I got all 4 of them in. But my camera was taking shit pictures, as usual.

Comment

Let me tell you, you should be thankful you replaced your webbing now! Mine has collapsed since I put mine in, got to get replacements now! Not so comfortable. The passenger seat webbing is fine however...
                                Reminiscing...

Comment

Working...
                                X