No announcement yet.

MkII GTi Recaros in an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

them both when you do it. my drivers side was fine for about 3 months and then......rip!
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Lots of good info in here. Can't wait to throw my Recaros in now. :D
      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

I wish these came in black, there's a set for sale at a local v-dub dealership I could probably pick up on the cheap.

Comment

Wow, these look great! Good work. I will keep an eye out for some of these in the yard. I want to replace my heavy but comfortable (E46 sports) with something lightweight like yours.

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
          It's in! One more to go, I have to find another junk seat to steal the rails from.

These are SO COMFORTABLE. Fuck sport seats. And about 5 lbs. lighter.
          sigpic

Comment

If you find a pair, especially in a yard, be prepared to do possibly as much work repairing them as I've done to these. I got lucky and it was only the outer bolster on each seat that needed repairs.

And for those of you that are looking to put these seats in your E30, Andrew and I can fab you up a pair of brackets for them a good price.

Comment

I was checking through the previous pages and couldn't find any posts from you on the brackets. Did you just get some extra stock e30 rails and somehow mount them to these Recaros? I'm thinking of getting a similar seat and if it works that way, I'll just go to a chop shop to get some spare railings.

(I see the post above about you guys making the brackets, but I stay in Malaysia, so shipping makes that abit out of the question) :)

Comment

Read page 2. Clear pictures of what to do :)

Although I would weld the sh*t out of that though. I fear those welds would break if there were to be an accident.
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Oh dang sorry for missing that, I see now, brad's initial photos and janderson's ones as well on page 5. Thanks!

Comment

Anyone had contact with Capital Seating? I have been trying to buy new webbing to no avail. Can anyone guide me to where else you can buy replacements?

EDIT: I got word from them today, seems my spam filter is kicking out their emails. I paid $74 for one new rubber diaphragm (as they call it!) shipped.
                    Last edited by M42Technik; 03-02-2009, 02:24 PM.
                    Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                      Read page 2. Clear pictures of what to do :)

Although I would weld the sh*t out of that though. I fear those welds would break if there were to be an accident.
                      More welds would do nothing. The weld is already thicker then the base material. You aren't going to reinforce it anymore. And besides, there is nothing wrong with them.

And you can guarantee that there is no way in hell all 4 mounting points would break in a crash. MAYBE one of them at the smaller tube, that that wouldn't do shit. And if you did break all of them, the fact that seat came loose is the least of your worries because you just hit something really fucking hard.

Comment

It's in! One more to go, I have to find another junk seat to steal the rails from.

These are SO COMFORTABLE. Fuck sport seats. And about 5 lbs. lighter.
                        Your carpet & interior look immaculate, just the way I want mine. I hate you. Is that replacement carpet or just a good steam clean?

Comment

Some patience & a good carpet cleaner will make the dirtiest carpet as clean as that.

Comment

And for those of you that are looking to put these seats in your E30, Andrew and I can fab you up a pair of brackets for them a good price.
                            You are talking about a pair of brackets that the sliders will mount to & bolt into an e30, right? How much would a set run?

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                              Your carpet & interior look immaculate, just the way I want mine. I hate you. Is that replacement carpet or just a good steam clean?
                              A good steam clean. I'll sell you those door panels and that carpet, if you want them, I'm getting rid of both.

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                              You are talking about a pair of brackets that the sliders will mount to & bolt into an e30, right? How much would a set run?
                              Yep, they're adapters that bolt to the underside of the bare Recaro, and bolt to the stock E30 seat sliders, making them direct fit. $100 for a pair shipped to your door, painted gloss black.

Comment

A good steam clean. I'll sell you those door panels and that carpet, if you want them, I'm getting rid of both.
                                Too bad they're tan, I like my carpet like I like my coffee, nice & black. (OK, maybe it wasn't that funny)

Yep, they're adapters that bolt to the underside of the bare Recaro, and bolt to the stock E30 seat sliders, making them direct fit. $100 for a pair shipped to your door, painted gloss black.
                                How's the seat height compared to stock Sport seats? I checked with Wedge Engineering here in Long Beach, they seem to be the aftermarket seat gurus when it comes to adapters. Good pricing, but the guy said I would need both an adapter (low profile-whatever that means?) & a new slider attachment. The stock Recaro slider wouldn't work...I didn't bother to ask why not, he just said they wouldn't work with their adapter.

I got a couple of leads on some old school Recaros...Thanks Janderson! :pimp:

Comment

Working...
                                X