No announcement yet.

MkII GTi Recaros in an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought I'd update this thread, I may be adding a Pt. II to this installation tomorrow.

I found a guy locally that has the backseat from a MkII with the same Recaros, and he's going to let me take it home tomorrow and test-fit it in my car. After taking a few measurements, I think it might actually fit in place of the E30 backseat.

Also, here's a seriously badass shot of my interior from this year's picnic:

Comment

Look what I got today... PERFECT MkII Recaro rear seat, with fold down armrest and fold-out cupholders:

And check this shit out. It fucking fits.

The frame that runs under the base makes the bench sit up a little high, so I'll have to do some modifications there, and I'll have to come up with a way to physically mount the back, but the width is PERFECT. I didn't even have to jam it in or anything, it was a perfect fit.

The front corners of the base aren't as square as the E30 base, you can see the edges of the carpet that come up over the top, and the bottom of the rear door card, so some kind of filler or something might have to be made, like a little vinyl wrapped block or something. But I'll figure all that out later, I'm just so stoked they fit.

Comment

if i had know that you were looking for one, i would have GIVEN you one!
        i just gave that same seat away last weekend. the last of my left over jetta stuff. oh well
        seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

wow what are the chances huh?! looks like they belong there man!
          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
            if i had know that you were looking for one, i would have GIVEN you one!
            i just gave that same seat away last weekend. the last of my left over jetta stuff. oh well
            In as good of shape as this one? It's literally flawless. It doesn't even look like it's ever been sat in. There isn't a worn or dirty spot on it anywhere.

Besides, shipping would have killed you and me both.

Comment

a really old & dirty pic of it. i was actually really clean. i only had sex in it a few times and didn't leave any stains!

shipping would have been a bear though

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Great right Up Im picking up some MKII recaros right now:)
                84 318I Delphin RIP
                87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

you need grey carpet now.

Comment

Wow! That looks great.

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Andrew and I will probably get to work on it soon, seeing if we can figure out a way to actually get them mounted.

Comment

The person still had the rear seat also But It was out of a jetta GLI are they the same?

How differnt are the mounts?
                        Im thinking of snagging the rear also to save $$ on getting mine redone to match the recaros.
                        84 318I Delphin RIP
                        87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

This is so cool.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Is this the seat base i am looking for??

Comment

yes, you can unbolt the VW base from there and either buy josh's or make your own adaptor/base from your existing BMW seat base.

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                                The person still had the rear seat also But It was out of a jetta GLI are they the same?

How differnt are the mounts?
                                Im thinking of snagging the rear also to save $$ on getting mine redone to match the recaros.
                                that is the Jetta GLI rear seat. the GTI rear is a split bench/fold down seat back

Comment

Working...
                                X