No announcement yet.

MkII GTi Recaros in an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet i have a lead on a mint set that i was gonna put in my scirocco but my plans might have to change

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
      actually, i talked to my old roommate last night (we used to work at the Porsche shop together) and you could use:
      924 seat mounts (junk car worth $0, easy to find in a wrecking yard)
      944 seat mounts (not worth much and get totaled really easily by insurance)
      911 up to 86 i think (these seats were made by Recaro for Porsche)

none of these should be that hard to find

also if you get lucky some of the 924s came with Recaros identical to the E-21 Recaros

just giving some options to those without the skills or access to tools to make them from scratch
      Good info, do you have any pictures to help me see it in my mind?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

i'll just pull my seat out and shoot some pics.
        seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          Brad took a bunch more pics of his mounting system for me today, since he's got almost the same seat as I have. It's going to be SUPER easy to mount these up.

And even better news, I found a site in the UK that sells replacement bolster foam for the crushed outer driver side one I have, and for dirt cheap!

Tell me there are more! I just got a set of my dream seats but I have to replace the same bolster...thank you so much Josh for finding this!!!

EDIT: Did you ever get your bolsters? I am sending the dough soon, curious if they did good on their part.
          Last edited by M42Technik; 09-27-2008, 06:51 PM.
          Reminiscing...

Comment

I haven't ordered them yet. I was told by UNHCLL that HMS Motorsport sells all the same stuff for way cheaper, and without the distance/shipping headaches, so I need to get in touch with them.

But in even more exciting news, my bracket adapters are done! On to the pictars!

One pair of bracket adapter plates, all finished (thanks to Andrew's mad welding skills):

Bolted up to the seat for test fitting:

E30 sliders installed:

Bolted down into the E30:

A shot of what is probably the largest bolt on my car:

And here it is. The seat installed in the car. All 4 mounting points line up perfectly:

Yes, the bolster is fubared, as is the outer bolster on the other seat. It's missing a few plastic covers here and there, and the E30 sliders are nasty looking as sin, but they fit. The bracket adapters are DONE.

Now I just need to get another pair of E30 sliders, and I can bolt the other pair of adapters up, and install the seats. I'm probably going to have the adapters powdercoated black, and then I need to replace any damaged plastic coverings and repaint the existing ones.
            Last edited by Jand3rson; 09-27-2008, 08:14 PM.

Comment

We should try and get a group buy set up. i need the outers for the drivers and passenger seats.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                I haven't ordered them yet. I was told by UNHCLL that HMS Motorsport sells all the same stuff for way cheaper, and without the distance/shipping headaches, so I need to get in touch with them.
                Thanks for the heads up, I'll get in touch with them too and report back. I have to do this very soon since I have the seats at the reupholster shop as of today.

LOL group buys on everything.
                Reminiscing...

Comment

Check my previous post for pics of the finished brackets.

Comment

I will say, if you are going to build a set of brackets yourself, use thicker wall tubing. I had a hell of a time getting good penetration on the thicker plate, but not burning through the tube. We used 1/16" wall, I'd say use 1/8" and your life will be a lot easier.

Comment

Very nice Josh! They look like they sit a bit high but I guess you will have to see once you can sit in/drive in them. Looks awesome!
                      ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                        Tell me there are more! I just got a set of my dream seats but I have to replace the same bolster...thank you so much Josh for finding this!!!

EDIT: Did you ever get your bolsters? I am sending the dough soon, curious if they did good on their part.
                        Houndstooth!!? I need these! How would you like a soul? hmm hmm? Of course for said soul I get front and rear seats.

Did you get both front seats or just the one? How much were they? If anyone can source more of these let me know.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                          Houndstooth!!? I need these! How would you like a soul? hmm hmm? Of course for said soul I get front and rear seats.

Did you get both front seats or just the one? How much were they? If anyone can source more of these let me know.
                          Sorry friend, absolutely never for sale, I've been looking for these seats in ANY style and I got lucky and a friend here sold me them. These are the OEM E30 Recaro option seats, not GTi seats, but they are the same, these just have a BMW part number.

The drivers seat needs new bolsters but I have a lead on those now and I had one already that was included in the price. The rear seat has armrest and headrests, but I know that there is an M3 style houndstooth seat out there.
                          Reminiscing...

Comment

How's the seating position? is it high, decent, or low (my preferred)..
                            ~Rogan
                            '85 325e w/M42 swap
                            '02 WRX 2.5L Hybrid w/GT32 @ 20psi - 400+awhp :: SOLD
                            http://www.autismspeaks.org ||| http://www.essentialpieces.org
                            sigpic

Strategic Alpine Command
                            Diving Board Division

Comment

Originally posted by E30Idea View Post
                              Very nice Josh! They look like they sit a bit high but I guess you will have to see once you can sit in/drive in them. Looks awesome!
                              They're not high at all. I tested it out when it was in, and even though the seat cushion was sinking down, I could still tell that they would sit a bit lower than sports.

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                                OEM E30 Recaro option seats
                                So THAT's what they are. Any more info about these would be awesome, if you have it.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X