No announcement yet.

MkII GTi Recaros in an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan, I just noticed your 3 boxed LOTR DVD's, flanked on each side by the bookends that came with them. Mine are the same way. lawl.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      So THAT's what they are. Any more info about these would be awesome, if you have it.
      There is this:

They were an option that not many people used, exact same style seats as Josh's with BMW part numbers and E30 sliders and all. It also has a mount for a fire extinguisher which I'm hoping to find. Pretty rare, and came in all types of leather / cloth patterns.

And Josh we are nerds.
      Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
        There is this:

They were an option that not many people used, exact same style seats as Josh's with BMW part numbers and E30 sliders and all. It also has a mount for a fire extinguisher which I'm hoping to find. Pretty rare, and came in all types of leather / cloth patterns.

And Josh we are nerds.
        Cool beans. I knew my seats weren't E21 Recaros...
        cars beep boop

Comment

Josh I called HMS Motorsports and they said they don't have replacement bolsters for older Recaros, from what he said. I didn't have a name or person I should have talked to, you may have more luck than me.

The people from that other website reached me and my (one) replacement bolster with shipping from UK is £35. They have a Paypal account as well to make it easier.

If you don't have any luck with HMS then let me know and I'll go ahead and order from these guys.
          Reminiscing...

Comment

I'm not going to bother with HMS then, they're probably not going to tell me anything different. So that works out to about $70 shipped for that bolster? I imagine shipping won't be too much more for 2 bolsters, I need one for the outer of each seat, so probably around $125? That's still not too bad.

I talked to a few guys on Vortex that ordered parts for their Recaros from that site, and said they were good to deal with, and they got them pretty fast.

Comment

^ did you check with VW?
              i ordered replacement outer bolsters for both of my seats a while ago and they were around $70 each and $120 for the seat back (i bought the last one of those in the US, so they are NLA)
              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Okay Josh, I'm asking them how long it will take to ship and then I'll pick them up. I'll keep you posted.
                Reminiscing...

Comment

Many thanks for your response. Delivery of the bolster foams to the US is
                  roughly 5-10 working days, but it is dependant on whether it is held in customs.
                  Usually it is delivered quickly with no problems. We have had very few
                  occasions where it has taken slightly longer to pass through customs.
                  There you go. I'll be getting mine soon.
                  Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                    There you go. I'll be getting mine soon.
                    Same. Thanks for doing the legwork, Dan.

Comment

Nice work Josh. Those brackets turned out really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                        Same. Thanks for doing the legwork, Dan.
                        Now I just have to justify $70 on a piece of foam. :-P
                        Reminiscing...

Comment

I've already justified it, now I just need to find $70 for foam. :D

Comment

if either of you need the seat back "bolster" (side supports/"horse shoe") that i didn't end up using. NOS and the last one in the country (from VW). i'll make you a good deal on it.

be aware that there a 2 different thigh bolsters for the VW seats. the black vinyl with gray inserts (know as "early" style) have taller/thicker bolsters. the all gray velour (like yours josh) are shorter and skinnier. the bolsters will fit on either frame, but will fill out the upholstery differently.
                            seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Sweet, I'll make sure I clarify that with them before ordering them.

Comment

Hmm now I'm confused as to which I have. I'm assuming it is the same, smaller ones...? It looks like I have taller but skinnier ones and Josh has lower but wider bolsters...
                                Reminiscing...

Comment

Working...
                                X