This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
    Those aren't the same ones I have in my car. Those are the powered Recaros from a Corrado. The seat backs are made by Recaro, the lower parts are made by VW. The mounting brackets on those seats are part of the lower seat frame, and not removable, and cannot be installed in any car but a VW.
    Cannot?? Are you sure about that? I'd say anything is possible, maybe just not all the probable.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

there is a single rail in the middle that does not unbolt from the frame like a regular recaro. anything is possable, but is it worth it?
      the seat bottoms on those are nowhere near as comfortable that a regular recaro either
      seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
        there is a single rail in the middle that does not unbolt from the frame like a regular recaro. anything is possable, but is it worth it?
        the seat bottoms on those are nowhere near as comfortable that a regular recaro either
        He's right. The mounting points for those seats are part of the actual framework of the base of the seat.

Comment

anyone have recaro bracket adapters for E30? passenger side....?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up fellas. I almost bought those seats LoL

RIP

Comment

Corrado seats and the Jetta GLi seats will fot but frame work needs to be fabbed. As mentioned they are not drop in fitment. But will work with patientance and skill.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

You could pay $5000 for these

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                All things Recaro?

How about one of the newest OEM Recaro seats?

These bad boys, if they fit would be amazing in an E30. I know, they probably wouldn't very easily.

That's right the new 1 Series "Performance" seats seen in the tii concept.

Now, I must say you'd have to be a baller, and stupid to justify the near $5000.00 price tag. That's no typo. They are sexy though. Turner can order them for you:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...FORMANCE-SEATS
                0r $1,499 for these Recaro Sportster CS not that much different and a great price they are avalable at VAC Motorsports

sigpic

Comment

Just took this out of storage, single driver with e30 mounts already on.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic
                  New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                  %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Damn, if I could find a pair of those, I would have stuck with tan interior.

Comment

Just waiting on some brackets. ahem ahem.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post

Just waiting on some brackets. ahem ahem.
                        Oh yeah, you just thrown down with those all nonchalant, lol. "Oh no big deal, just some old seats".

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Wild, i have like the same seats. mine a sorta worn, but cool

Originally posted by e30lyf View Post
                          any idea what car these seats came of? i might grab these for my new project. seller told me his holding for more than 10 years (brand new).

Comment

Hi guys, some pics of my E30 Recaros for your viewing pleasure

I bought these 3 years ago from a spec'd up 325i 4 door hence the lack of tilt levers

They were starting to wear in places when I got them but I just bolted them in my 4 door and lived with it
                            You can see the lower bolsters were squashed and the material was also wearing through in places

When I broke the 4 door I stripped them down with the intention of rebuilding them like new, not an easy task as I found out 99% of these parts are BMW E30 specific and no longer available :(

Common problem with these is the upper bolster bars breaking off
                            This is how the drivers looked, the pass seat had both bars broke and others ive stripped have also had broken bars

Left too long and the foam will literally disintegrate due to the increased movement, the broken bar ends will also eventually start to poke through the foam and then the material

This is my drivers seat all finished

Here is how the pass seat base looked before

And after some serious foam reshaping/supporting

Took a long time and a lot of work, I had the material sections replaced on some of the worn bolsters, used material from seats from a scrap yard so they wouldn't look too much out of place.

In my hunt for E30 Recaro parts I did manage to find a brand new covering, it was hiding away in the corner of a local dealerships parts store, had been ordered in 2000 and never collected

But like I said earlier, these are NLA from BMW, same as the material so I couldnt really use this next to worn fabric

Here is a material sample card from an upholsterers in the US, I cant remember what the company is called, one of the UK E30 owners used them to supply material for his Recaros

These are great seats and are getting very rare, spare parts are virtually non-existent, Capital Seating are the UK's Recaro distributors and trimmers but even they cannot supply E30 Recaro parts/foam.

Comment

excellent job on the seats.
                              www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Very Impressive, maybe you should send Kevin the pattern so he can make retro fit kits.

We need some of those here in the states, I have a 6 seats and three of them need to be refinished. The foam is also important we need a good source for these for bolsters. Keep this thread alive.
                                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                                X