Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the recovered factory houndstooth Recaro LS' in my E30 but they're mounted totally parallel to the floor. In a perfect world, I'd mount them on some brackets that were slightly tilted up in the front to achieve a bit more of a bucket seat feel.

Does anybody make this sort of bracket or adapter?

ZF320 | M50 Mani | TRM + 21.5lb Injectors + 3.5in MAF | E36 M3 Rack/Driveshaft | Megan Coilovers | 002R/452's
    In the works: UUC Evo 3/DSSR, JB Racing lightweight Flywheel, Shrick cams, BBK (yet to be determined)
    I NEED A WINGLESS AW TRUNK LID PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by johnjohnsons54 View Post
      In a perfect world, I'd mount them on some brackets that were slightly tilted up in the front to achieve a bit more of a bucket seat feel.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by johnjohnsons54 View Post
        I love the recovered factory houndstooth Recaro LS' in my E30 but they're mounted totally parallel to the floor. In a perfect world, I'd mount them on some brackets that were slightly tilted up in the front to achieve a bit more of a bucket seat feel.

This is something that bothered me also, only a little anyway. I put a few washers under the front but ideally would have wanted more.

--- edit ---

Does that bracket work with the standard seat? Can the standard seats brackets be modified to give more tilt?

Comment

The adapters shown above work with Recaro seats on original e30 sliders. The front is raised by 20mm or 4°. The Facebook links has albums showing compatibity with Recaro seats.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Nice to see ya back.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              Nice to see ya back.
              Just passing by. Today is a quiet and rainy day. I sent my orders to the machine shop for the month. And I have a fetish for Recaro seats... ;-)

BTW The latest batch of adpaters is now black zinc plated. It has a satin finish, it is gorgious and will resist rust way longer than a powder coated part.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

lol i was wondering how long it would take for somebody to rip off jandersons idea
                ----- www.jjcustominterior.com -----
                We specialize in Recaro restoration!

Comment

Originally posted by a2coupe2a View Post
                  lol i was wondering how long it would take for somebody to rip off jandersons idea
                  It's a joke. Right? It's been 2-1/2 years since it's been offered.

Last edited by Massive Lee; 08-09-2012, 07:39 PM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Hey Lee,

What's up with massivebrakes.com
                    Don't tell me you're pulling the pin?

My new e30 needs some more brakes!
                    88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Don't worry, it's going strong. Only had a problem with the renewal of the domain name. Should be solved this week. Going with AP Racing calipers now on most, if not all, kits. I stopped offering Wilwood calipers - great products but plagued with inventory and distribution problems. Check here if you need more info. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Back on topic.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I have some e21 Recaros I want to put in my e30. I know I can use the four e21 sliders with the handles but I dont like that idea. Anything ells I can do? Anyone make any adapters, or is there a different set of sliders/brackets I can adapt?
                        sigpic
                        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by a2coupe2a View Post
                          Nah Ron, that's a pretty different design than ours, and I think he was making them around the same time we were, or at least shortly after.
                          Ours are substantially cheaper, but beyond that, Massive has a quality product. I'd rock a set of them. :up:

That being said, if we were provided with measurements on just how much of an incline you'd like, we'd definitely be able to fabricate a set to order.

Comment

The e21 mounting point are just an inch bigger @ exactly 16"x10 1/4"
                            Would you guys be willing to make me a set ASAP? I need to have the seats on the 5th.
                            sigpic
                            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I don't think we can have them done that fast, Andrew is leaving town for 4 days on Wednesday of this week.

If you can get us detailed (and I mean ACCURATE) pictures and measurements on the spacing of the holes and mounting points, we will see what we can do.

Comment

I guess I could have them shipped up to Washington and some how get the seats up there.
                                What sort of measurements do you need?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X