X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

closer to steering wheel?

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
    Eye candy for those of you installing Recaro seats in e30s. The adapters are bolt-on and come with all required hardware. Final fasteners are 12.9 graded capscews. The units that have been shipped allow to mount old style bolt pattern (6 bolts - KRX, KRS, SRD, Trophy, LS, Speed) and new style (4 bolts - Sportline, Trendline, etc). The seats are 1" lower than if using Recaro's own adapters. The rake is also more pronounced than Recaro's adapters for improved comfort. The adapters have a very resistant powder coating. Adapters are laser cut and CNC bent, meaning they are all consistent in shape throughout the entire production.

I have these brackets with mk2 and im a barley close enough to reach the steering wheel comfortably. Its a reach to say the least. the seats will not go closer. In my stock seats i could get way up there. did Massive make the brackets so the seats would stop that far away? is there a way to get them closer?

Comment

Hmmm... Strange. It is the first time I hear about that, and perhaps 300 sets were sold. Are you sure the sliders are giving you full front/back travel? If you compare the bolt location of the kit you have with a 1980s set of adapters (Keiper Recaro), you will notice they are about in the same place. So, I think your sliders may have a problem.

Last edited by Massive Lee; 07-12-2014, 01:42 PM.
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

They did not have a problem before. it does seem to lock all the way forward, but like iI siad it doesn't go as far as I would like. I'm not sure though how much the bolster and seat would allow much more forward movement as it is pretty squeezed at that point. I'm not very tall btw

Comment

How are you feet in relation to the pedals? If the feet are fine, then maybe the seat back is too "laid back". Did you have Sport seats before, or the Comfort ones? Maybe the Massive adapters lower the Recaros more than you are used to.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Well the seat back definitely has its own issues but I have to almost tilt the seat at or close to 90degree to reach the top of the wheel with my wrists. Its not a matter of height, it is forwardness (for lack of a better term). My feet are just close enough, but either way you look at it, Im not at a comfortable reach with either. I feel my feet should be cramped while my arms and hands feel they have length to spare. The opposite is going on here. I will take pics of everything soonest I have a chance.

Comment

How tall are you if it's not indiscrete asking?

BTW Even though I already have a fresh batch of 100 kits, I will modify the next batch to allow a more forward bolting of the seat. Basically two sets of bolts. The regular mounting for average people, and the secondary set for those who started "self-gratification" way too young ;-)

As I mentionned earlier, it the frst time ever I hear of this problem, which is why I think maybe something is wrong with the sliders. There are rollers within the rails and they can get stuck, keeping the rails from fully sliding.

Could you post some pictures of the installed seats? Those VW seats are from a VW, correct? Then the front bolt is pretty much as forward as possible.

Last edited by Massive Lee; 07-13-2014, 01:05 PM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kwaaahhh View Post

Have you guys seen this, built in bladder pump for lumbar support :p (talk about old skool):

:up:
                I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have 3 Recaro SE seats. Acquired one in a trade and it has had this clear tube tucked in the side and I never knew what it was for! WOOT WOOT Time to go find a little pump!

Here are the pics of mine

This is the one I got in the trade

You can kind of see it here...

These are so comfy, just need to dye my cloth rear seat to have the full black cloth treatment done for the interior
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Inflatable Lumbar used to be very common prior to power seats. Look through some old school parts catalogs and you will see it listed.

It is still available. The site listed below has them.

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Awesome!! Thanks for the link!
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Alpina replica seats for my 84" e30. Rear bench + door cards still in process.

Comment

Nice. I can't imagine the patience required to cut all these little losanges one by one. Great job.

Lee

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by image View Post
                          Nice. I really like this.
                          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Wow! Those Alpina replicas look fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by image View Post
                              Alpina replica seats for my 84" e30. Rear bench + door cards still in process.
                              Those are impressive. Dig the leather work on them. I wish I could find someone that still does them in cloth.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by philj
                                Single side C81 in black leather (LHD drivers, RHD Passengers) - £400

Pair of C81 ideals - £1100

Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X