Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing seat rails?

Hey guys

I recently bought a set of sport seats but the rail on the drivers side is messed up...

How do i change the rail? Is there a diy somewhere?

Originally posted by Shaheenem View Post
    Hey guys

I recently bought a set of sport seats but the rail on the drivers side is messed up...

How do i change the rail? Is there a diy somewhere?
    It's actually really easy, we had to do it about umpteen dozen times when we were building my seat adapters for my new seats.

Remove the large bolt holding the seat belt receiver to the frame, and remove the bolt on the opposite side of it. Remove the seat belt receiver. Get a flat blade screwdriver, and pry the flat metal plate away from the slider bracket, on both sides, and move them up or down out of the way of the bolt holes. Then remove the bar going across the seat brackets that holds the seat covering material out from between the two bolt holes.

Unclip the thin metal rod that goes between the two sliders, and move it out of the way. For the front attachments, there is a small, cylindrical clip that goes through the bracket in place of a bolt. There is a little tab sticking out of each opposite side of the clip, on the backside of the slider bracket. Get pair of needle nose pliers and a small hammer. Press the 2 little tabs in with the pliers, and tap the clip out from the backside, out of the hole. Do this on both sides. After that, with a little fudging, the slider brackets should come loose from the seat bottom. It will probably take a little work, consider these have probably NEVER been removed.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Mr. Anderson

Will give it a try tonight...

One more thing... Would my normal comfort seat rails work with the sport seats?

Thanks again! Much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaheenem View Post
        Thanks Mr. Anderson

Will give it a try tonight...

One more thing... Would my normal comfort seat rails work with the sport seats?

Thanks again! Much appreciated!
        I'm 99% sure they will. I'd say 100% but I've never done it myself.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Thanks Nicademus

Will try it out tonight or the weekend...

Comment

FYI, 2-door seat rails won't work on a 4-door. Ask me how I know.
            - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
            E36 325i sedan
            E30 325i sedan
            Volvo 945T

Comment

Sport seat and standard seat rails are the same. All of the adjustments for sport seats are components of the seat itself, not the slider rails.

If my explanation isn't clear enough, post here, and I'll do it again and take some pics for you. It would be a good thing to have here, anyway.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Anderson

Tried it this morning... It was real easy to take the rails off...

Thanks again.

Comment

No problem, I'm glad you were able to follow it.

Comment

Working...
                  X