School me on vintage Recaro LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on vintage Recaro LS

Originally thought these were LS-C but after doing some research I believe these are Idealsitz LS. What are the differences? The years, features, are these on par with the LS-C? I do notice prices vary greatly https://bringatrailer.com/search/recaro/ but not exactly sure why (besides condition)
    Attached Files

I believe the Idealsitz-LS was introduced in 1973.
    The Recaro LS was introduced in the 80s.

The Recaro LS is being reintroduced right now.
    RECARO Classic LS - The optimum seat for a sporty drive, introducing the new edition of the classic RECARO LS. Nothing beats original.

BAT isn't an indicator of prices for old seats.
    Why pay thousands for an old generic Recaro seat when you can get a similar one brand new?

The Idealsitz LS

The Classic LS
    Last edited by Vincenze; 10-23-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I was considering that as well, the new seats I have heard the new classics plastic frame vs old ones are metal and they also do not offer the C (bottom leg extension) but i am sure it will affect the price since the classics will become available in the US sometime next year about $2000 per seat
      Last edited by Cream; 10-23-2020, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I believe modern aftermarket Recaros are made-to-order.
        A customer selects the size (with an extension or not), color, etc. Then he waits until it's made.

Sporty Recaros have carbon-fiber backs, they are more expensive than metal ones.

At least, if you get a classic 40-year-old Recaro seat, you should be able to get foam for a new model and especially the bottom webbing.

Comment

For early recaros you can get the bottom webbing from Aardvark Racing:

https://www.2002parts.com/bmw/recaro...strap-kit.html

Worked well on my LX-Bs, although I wouldn't mind getting the parts from Recaro to update them to the solid square strap that the later seats had.
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by Cream View Post
            they also do not offer the C (bottom leg extension)
            The catalog shows the Classic LS with an extension.
            It says, "Individual seat depth adjustment (480 to 530 mm)".

The Classic LX is also available.

Comment

lukeADE335i yes the PO had a custom made solid square strap from the UK. His instagram is lee.osborn.9 like the modern ones incase you want to check him out.
              Attached Files

Comment

New and used models, which one is better at an affordable price?
                fall guys

Comment

Originally posted by jonesRebecca View Post
                  New and used models, which one is better at an affordable price?
                  You should consider that used seats often need foam and fabric/leather replacement.

Comment

i've been looking for the Classic LS in the states but it's not even on the US site yet.

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
                      i've been looking for the Classic LS in the states but it's not even on the US site yet.
                      But when you search for dealers, some of them show this icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post

But when you search for dealers, some of them show this icon.

weird, i couldn't get the dealer finder to work or me, I know there are likely none in VT, but could you tell me if there's any in the northeast showing the classic? It just tells me to select another country or region to view content...

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post

weird, i couldn't get the dealer finder to work or me, I know there are likely none in VT, but could you tell me if there's any in the northeast showing the classic? It just tells me to select another country or region to view content...
                          There is one near New York.

Stable Energies Motorsports

175 Passaic Street
                          07026 Garfield
                          Phone: 973-773-3177
                          Fax: 973-773-3178

But it's possible that the US government doesn't want you to buy "unsafe" seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post

There is one near New York.

Stable Energies Motorsports
                            thanks!

Comment

I guess I’ll either get Experts or wait until March “Yes, we are a Recaro Master Distributor and we deal with their Dynamic, Race and Comfort lines of seats including the new Classic Line of seats. Unfortunately the seats are not up on our website yet as they have not been released in the US. Germany was originally going to showcase and debut them last year but have had multiple delays due to the Pandemic. Recaro has announced that they’ll be launching these seats, barring any further delays, in the US around March 2021. Not much information is at hand at the moment until the launch, but feel free to check in if you have any other questions”

Comment

Working...
                              X