E30 Euro Clock Dissassembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Euro Clock Dissassembly

Any write-ups on how to disassemble a euro clock?

My clock lights up when plugged in, but the hands dont move. I want to take it apart to see what the issue is.

Update: Figured out how to disassemble, everything looks ok on the inside nothing out of the ordinary. Moving the gears by hand moves the hands so no problem with the gears. I'm using an adapter wire harness from e30love.com for 6 button obc to analog clock:

This kit includes 1 custom 'Plug & Play' wiring harness for a 6 button BMW E30, E24, or E28 dashboard OBC with in-depth installation instructions. We had a clock we wanted to install into our car, but we were missing the wiring connector instructions and a wiring connector.

The backlight turns on with the lights but the clock will not run. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Comment

The gears sometimes fail on these as well as the electronics. I would verify you have correct clock power . There are two pairs of wires going to the clock. Two for illumination power and dimming and two for clock power. Be sure your clock power wiring is there.

The power from the clock/OBC comes from the SI board. So if your SI board is not refurbished, that may the reason your clock is not getting power. The illumination can still work because that power is fed from the dimmer switch.

If you have good power at the clock, assume the clock gears or circuit board has failed. If there is no power, assume your SI board is failing or fuse is bad. Lastly, you can tap power at the radio as a last resort.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
      X