Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt-B
    fuses?
    lets think here....if any of the door triggers work and there is only one fuse for the interior lights could it be the fuse? hmmmmm

Comment

Is there some sort of relay that only acts on the drivers door that could be bad? Thats the sort of clicking i hear when i activate that button and the lights dont turn on/off.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

there is a dome light relay.

have you messed with the carpet or anything on the drivers side of the car? it seems like MAYBE the wire from the drivers door for the switch is broke. have you tried lukes idea above about touching the wire to the car? did it turn on? if so the broken wire is off the table. its a hard call being that some doors work and others dont.

Comment

I havent touched anything on that side but the car has been molested alot. When i touch the wire to the car it makes the relay click just like when i push the button in. Why is there only a relay for the drivers door and nothing else?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I am having this same problem but only with my passenger side.
            Did you ever get this fixed? If so,what was the problem?
            88 M3 Diamantschwarz
            89 M3 Zinnoberrot
            56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
            www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

I replaced all four door buttons and now all are working but the drivers one.

Comment

so it didnt fix the problem still?
                88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                56 Isetta

Comment

Nope. Could just be I replaced a bad switch with another bad switch but at this point it wasn't really worth the hassle anymore.

Comment

Ive tried pretty much everything and I cant get my passengers side light delay to light up. Driving me crazy!
                    88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                    89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                    56 Isetta

Comment

Kick it?

I know it sounds stupid, but seriously. My '91 had this problem with driver's door. I got irritated one night and stuck my foot in the jam a bit and "wobbled" it around. Damn thing works 90% of the time.
                      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

lol

Josh, just swap the drivers door trigger with another working one on the car, that will tell you if its the trigger or not.
                        sigpic

Comment

If you have clicking, the switch is OK. The delay could have crapped out or, more likely the connector by the speaker got knocked out.

It's a single wire connector, Brown/Violet wire on both sides. Gotta remove the speaker to get to it.
                          -Dave
                          2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Working...
                          X