Clear All

Just buy elipsoids
    -Andy

Comment

Yes they do..

Hella or Bosch
      sigpic

Comment

Don't buy the knockoffs, even the ones without the angel eyes leak like bitches. I have one side of stock US ellips I am willing to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
          Just buy elipsoids
          where's a good place?

Comment

anyone sporting those ? are the angel eyes on that clean ?
            http://www.decal-spec.com

Comment

eBay lights aren't even true projectors. They're junk.
              sigpic
              Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

I have a good US Ellips Driver Side only though, no cracks or pitting either. $65 shipped
                http://www.decal-spec.com

Comment

i can sell passenger side for $65 and its great quality. hella i believe, but im not sure. pm me if your interested and want pics.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by JTapper View Post
                    eBay lights aren't even true projectors. They're junk.
                    I believe the items are in Hong Kong, from the ebay post. Made there? Who knows.
                    These look like Euro Hella or Hella knockoffs, from the pictures. They may be technically projectors, but of what quality? The darker ones look like a fashion accessory, not a headlight.

You know, back in the day, the Russians make a copy of a BMW motorcyce; they took one, disassembled it, then made molds from the parts and castings from the molds. It was a rough approximation of a BMW, they called it a Ural. One generation down, not that bad, but certainly NOT up to BMW quality.

Then the Chinese got hold of a Ural, the Russian copy of a BMW, and did a similar process, disassembling, recasting and remaking it, and voila! a copy of a copy of a 'real' motorcycle, it was less than reliable.

I think of foreign made copies as just that, a copy of an item, with less regard for the original design characteristics and less quality control. They might look the same, but do they work the same?

Just my opinion - If I am wrong, then I apologise and will eat my words.

No offense to foreign members on the board, just to the stuff that perhaps comes out of a factory that made Corvette tail lights last week. And may be making Chrysler 500 headlights next week.

Andy the tail light guy
                    Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
                    Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
                    Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
                    Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

Working...
                    X